If you are trying to download or access the Ticketmaster app in your country and getting an error message that it is not available, there are a few potential reasons for this:
Limited country availability
The main Ticketmaster app with full functionality is only available in a select number of countries. As of 2023, the app is officially supported in the United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Ireland, Mexico, Australia and New Zealand. If you are located outside of these countries, you will not be able to download the main Ticketmaster app from the app store.
Restrictions by event organizers
In some cases, event organizers or venues may restrict ticket sales to certain countries or regions. So even if you are traveling to a country where Ticketmaster operates, you still may not be able to purchase tickets via the app if there are location restrictions in place by the event provider.
Differences in regional Ticketmaster sites and apps
Ticketmaster operates localized sites and apps for some other countries not officially supported by the main app. For example, there are Ticketmaster apps specific to Spain, Italy, France, Belgium, and other European countries. These apps may not have full functionality or the same features as the main Ticketmaster app. If you are located in one of these countries, you need to download the local Ticketmaster app instead.
Lack of support for your mobile OS
The Ticketmaster app also may not be compatible with every mobile operating system globally. For example, certain Windows Phone or Blackberry users located outside of the main supported countries may not be able to download or run the Ticketmaster app on their device.
Ways to access Ticketmaster without the mobile app
If the Ticketmaster app is not available in your country, there are a few workarounds so you can still search for and purchase tickets:
- Use the Ticketmaster website for your country. Ticketmaster has local sites around the world that allow you to search events and make purchases online.
- Download a special event app. For some large events, Ticketmaster creates specific apps just for that event. Check with the event provider to see if they have an app you can use instead.
- Purchase through a third-party reseller site. Many ticket resale marketplaces like StubHub also sell tickets to events originally issued by Ticketmaster.
- Buy at the venue box office. You can purchase tickets directly at the venue’s box office, which may allow you to avoid Ticketmaster’s fees.
- Use a ticket concierge service. Some concierge services will purchase tickets on your behalf for an extra service fee.
Using Ticketmaster internationally
If you want to use Ticketmaster to purchase tickets to an event in a different country, here are some tips:
- Make sure there are no restrictions for that event stopping you from purchasing tickets internationally.
- Use the Ticketmaster website for that specific country to search and buy tickets.
- Make sure the billing address on your credit card matches the Ticketmaster site’s country.
- Understand that each country’s Ticketmaster site functions independently, so you will have separate accounts, purchase histories, etc.
- Some events require you to pick up tickets locally or show ID matching the ticket purchaser. Factor this in before you buy.
- Tickets will be priced in the local currency of the Ticketmaster website. Your credit card company handles any required currency conversions.
Why the Ticketmaster app has country restrictions
There are a few reasons why Ticketmaster restricts its app availability to only certain countries:
- Licensing restrictions – Ticketmaster has to negotiate rights country-by-country with venues and event providers. They may not have licenses to sell tickets via mobile app in every market.
- Local partnerships – In some markets, Ticketmaster partners with local companies. For example, in Spain they partner with Entradas.com. This limits Ticketmaster’s own app in those regions.
- Differing regulations – Each country has its own regulations around ticket sales, consumer data, etc. Maintaining compliance in multiple countries adds complexity.
- App store restrictions – Apple and Google app stores have some country-specific rules that may impact Ticketmaster’s ability to launch their app.
- Market demand – Developing a localized app for every country is expensive. Ticketmaster focuses on markets where there is sufficient ticket sales demand.
- Technical considerations – Certain capabilities like QR code tickets may not be feasible in every market based on technical infrastructure limitations.
Will the Ticketmaster app become available in my country?
Ticketmaster does gradually expand its mobile app availability to new markets over time. There is a chance that the app will officially launch in your country if:
- There is enough ticket sales demand and event inventory in your country.
- Your country meets Ticketmaster’s requirements around consumer data protection and local regulations.
- Ticketmaster is able to strike the necessary deals with venues, sports leagues, and other event providers in your country.
- Your country has the technical capacity to support Ticketmaster’s latest app features.
- It makes strategic business sense for Ticketmaster to invest resources into launching in your country’s market.
That said, Ticketmaster makes decisions on app availability based on many complex factors. Some countries may never meet their criteria for launching the full app due to market size, partnerships, regulations, or technology. Contacting their customer support team will not necessarily speed up app access in your location.
Alternatives to Ticketmaster
If Ticketmaster’s ticketing services are not available in your country, here are some alternative ticketing platforms you can check out:
- Vivid Seats
- Your local primary ticket seller
- Official box offices and fan clubs
- Band/artist official websites
- Social media fan groups
While these alternatives may not offer exactly the same inventory as Ticketmaster, they can provide more ticketing options in regions where Ticketmaster does not operate. With some diligent searching, you may be able to find tickets to the events you want through other channels.