Selling tickets on Ticketmaster Ireland can be a great way to make some extra money from tickets you can no longer use. Ticketmaster is the leading ticket marketplace in Ireland, so it provides a large audience of buyers for your tickets. However, there are some key things you need to know to successfully sell your tickets on Ticketmaster.
In this comprehensive guide, we’ll cover everything you need to know, including:
– How the Ticketmaster ticket resale platform works
– Creating a Ticketmaster account
– Listing your tickets for sale
– Pricing your tickets
– Delivery and transfer options
– Getting paid for sold tickets
– Tips for selling tickets quickly
Follow these steps and you’ll be able to quickly and easily sell your tickets on Ireland’s top ticket marketplace.
How the Ticketmaster Ticket Resale Platform Works
Ticketmaster provides a safe, secure platform for buyers and sellers to exchange tickets. It acts as an intermediary site, handling all transactions and communications so you never have to directly interact with buyers.
Some key things to know about how Ticketmaster’s resale platform works:
– Buyers browse resale ticket listings on Ticketmaster just as they would for new ticket sales.
– Sellers list their tickets for sale through their Ticketmaster account. You specify details like quantity, seating info, price etc.
– Ticketmaster facilitates the sales transaction. They collect payment from buyers and transfer it to sellers after deducting their commission fees.
– Tickets are transferred securely through Ticketmaster’s online ticket system. This ensures validity and avoids fraud.
– Ticketmaster provides buyer guarantees and seller protections for resale tickets, giving both parties peace of mind.
– Customer service teams are available to assist both buyers and sellers throughout the process.
So in summary, Ticketmaster provides a trusted, convenient marketplace for ticket resale. They handle everything from listing to sale to delivery, making it easy for you as the ticket seller.
Creating a Ticketmaster Account
To sell tickets on Ticketmaster Ireland’s resale platform, you need to have a Ticketmaster account. Creating an account is free and only takes a few minutes.
Here are the steps to create your Ticketmaster account:
1. Go to www.ticketmaster.ie and click “Sign Up” in the top right corner.
2. Enter your email address and choose a password. Be sure to choose a strong, secure password.
3. Ticketmaster will send a confirmation email to your address. Click the link in the email to verify your account.
4. Return to Ticketmaster and enter your email and password to login to your new account.
5. Provide some basic personal info like your name, address etc. This is required for identification purposes.
And that’s it! Your Ticketmaster account is now ready to go. Be sure to keep your login details handy so you can easily access your account to manage ticket listings.
Some key tips for your Ticketmaster account:
– Use an email you check frequently so you don’t miss any sale notifications.
– Keep your password secure and don’t share your login details with anyone.
– Provide accurate information when setting up your account. This is required for identification and payment purposes.
Listing Your Tickets for Sale
Once you’ve created your Ticketmaster account, you can list your tickets for sale in just a few steps:
1. Login to your Ticketmaster account and click ‘Sell Tickets’ on the top menu bar.
2. Select the event for the tickets you want to sell. Make sure the event allows ticket resale on Ticketmaster.
3. Enter details on the quantity and type of tickets you’re selling. Be as accurate as possible.
4. Provide information on the seat/row/section locations for your tickets. Buyers will see this.
5. Set the price you want sell your tickets for. Research current resale prices for a fair amount.
6. Choose your delivery method – electronic transfer or standard post. Electronic is faster.
7. Review the listing details and commission fees. Click ‘List Tickets’ when you’re ready to go live.
Once your ticket listing is live, buyers can immediately start purchasing your tickets on Ticketmaster. You’ll receive an email notification every time a ticket is sold.
Some additional tips for listing tickets:
– Provide plenty of detail on the seat locations to attract buyers.
– Price your tickets competitively based on current resale rates.
– List extra tickets as single seats rather than groups to maximise sales.
– Consider electronic ticket transfer for quick delivery to buyers.
– Keep an eye on your listings and adjust pricing if tickets are selling slowly.
Pricing Your Tickets
One of the most important factors in successfully selling your tickets is pricing them appropriately. Set your price too high and they won’t sell. Too low and you’ll miss out on profit. Here are some tips for pricing tickets on Ticketmaster:
– Check current ticket resale prices on Ticketmaster for the same event. Match the current average price as closely as possible.
– Factor in the original ticket face value. Significantly higher than face value turns buyers off.
– Consider the seat location – better seats can command higher prices.
– In-demand events like sell-out concerts can be priced higher due to scarcity.
– As the event date approaches, you may need to gradually lower prices if tickets aren’t selling.
– For less in-demand events, aim for a reasonable markup over face value e.g. an extra 20%.
– Be prepared to negotiate if buyers make lower offers on your listing. Some profit is better than none.
Use Ticketmaster’s Pricing Tools
Ticketmaster provides some useful tools to help price your tickets:
– Ticket Value Estimator – suggests competitive resale prices based on various factors.
– Demand Tracker – shows the number of people currently looking for tickets for that event.
– Sales History – check out final sold prices for that event over time.
Leverage these tools so your ticket pricing hits the sweet spot between maximising profit and attracting buyers.
Delivery and Transfer Options
When listing your tickets for sale, you’ll need to choose how tickets are to be delivered and transferred to the buyer. Ticketmaster provides two options:
1. Electronic Ticket Transfer
– Digital tickets are transferred to the buyer instantly online.
– Convenient for buyers as tickets delivered directly to their Ticketmaster account.
– No shipping costs or postal wait times.
– Reduced risk of lost tickets compared to postal delivery.
– You must have the ability to electronically transfer your original tickets.
2. Standard Post Delivery
– You physically post the ticket(s) to the buyer after sale.
– Slower process than electronic transfer. Allow 2-3 days for postal delivery.
– You incur the postal costs which can eat into your profit.
– Risk of tickets being lost or damaged in the post.
Our recommendation is to use electronic ticket transfer where possible for a smoother, faster sales experience. However postal delivery may be the only option if your original tickets are hard copies.
Getting Paid for Sold Tickets
The great thing about selling through Ticketmaster is they handle payment processing so you can get paid quickly and securely. Here’s how it works:
– Buyer purchases the ticket through Ticketmaster and payment is processed.
– Ticketmaster deducts their commission fee from the sale price. This is around 10-15%.
– The remaining sale funds (minus commission) are held in your Ticketmaster account.
– You can request a payout at any time once your account balance reaches 20 Euro.
– Payouts are processed within 5-7 business days and sent to your linked bank account.
So you don’t have to worry about collecting payments yourself. Ticketmaster will handle payment from the buyer, deduct their fee, and transfer the remaining profits to your account balance for payout.
Tips to Get Paid Faster
– Transfer tickets electronically for faster sales.
– Price tickets competitively to sell them quickly.
– Request payout as soon as your balance hits 20 Euro.
– Double check your bank account details are properly linked.
With Ticketmaster’s streamlined payment system, you can get paid in a matter of days once tickets are sold. Track your sales and request payouts promptly to maximize your profit.
Tips for Selling Tickets Quickly
To maximize your ticket resale profits, it helps to sell them quickly. Ticket demand drops as the event date approaches, so the earlier you can sell the better. Here are some top tips for selling tickets fast on Ticketmaster:
– List as early as possible, ideally months in advance. This captures early buyer demand.
– Price competitively based on current market rates. Don’t overprice or tickets won’t sell.
– Transfer tickets electronically for quick, convenient delivery to buyers.
– List multiple ticket options – buyers can mix and match if needed.
– Promote your listings on social media to reach more potential buyers.
– Be responsive to buyer enquiries to encourage sales.
– Consider lowering prices if tickets aren’t selling as event approaches.
– Offer bundled deals e.g. parking pass + ticket for better value.
– Be flexible on offers – some profit is better than none.
Selling sooner rather than later maximizes your chance of selling out your ticket listings. Apply these tips to sell your tickets quickly and profitably on Ticketmaster.
Selling tickets through Ticketmaster Ireland provides an easy, convenient way to offload tickets you can no longer use. By following the steps outlined in this guide, you can seamlessly list, price, sell and get paid – all through Ticketmaster’s secure marketplace platform.
Key tips include pricing competitively, using electronic transfers for fast delivery, and leveraging Ticketmaster’s payment system to get profits quickly and securely. Apply these best practices to maximize your ticket resale success on Ticketmaster Ireland. The platform makes it simple to turn unwanted tickets into cash profit.