In this day and age, many companies are pushing customers to use their mobile apps for everything from ordering food to buying event tickets. While apps can provide a smooth, user-friendly experience, not everyone wants to download yet another app just to get their concert or sports tickets. The good news is you don’t actually need the Ticketmaster app to access your tickets. There are other options to get your tickets without having to install their app.
Can I access my Ticketmaster tickets without the app?
Yes, you can absolutely access your Ticketmaster tickets without using their mobile app. Ticketmaster gives you several options to manage your tickets and get them on your phone for entry without needing the app. Here are some of the main ways:
- Print your tickets – You can log into your Ticketmaster account online and print your tickets out on paper to bring to the event.
- Get tickets delivered by mail – When purchasing tickets, choose to have them mailed to your home address. They will send paper tickets.
- Use your confirmation email – The confirmation email you received after purchasing tickets contains a link to access your tickets online or add them to your digital wallet.
- Add tickets to your digital wallet – Ticketmaster lets you add tickets to digital wallets like Apple Wallet or Google Pay without the app.
- Use Account Manager online – Log into the Ticketmaster Account Manager on the web to view, transfer, sell, or donate tickets.
While the Ticketmaster app provides mobile conveniences, it is not at all required to access tickets bought on Ticketmaster. They offer many app-free options to get your tickets.
How do I print my Ticketmaster tickets at home?
Printing your Ticketmaster tickets at home is easy and only takes a few steps:
- Log into your Ticketmaster account online.
- Find your event order and click “View Tickets”.
- Under each ticket, click the “Print” button.
- A print-friendly version of the ticket will open. Click print and select your printer to print it.
- Print a ticket for each person in your order.
That’s all there is to it! As long as you have access to a printer, you can print out your tickets any time after purchasing and bring the paper printouts to the event. Printed tickets have a barcode that will be scanned for entry just like if you had used the app.
How do I get hard copy tickets mailed to me?
When you purchase Ticketmaster tickets online or by phone, you have the option to have the tickets mailed to you:
- When buying tickets, choose the “mail” delivery option.
- Enter the address you want the tickets shipped to.
- Tickets will be delivered 2-4 weeks before the event via First Class Mail.
- Tickets may arrive sooner for bigger events. Check your Ticketmaster account for tracking info.
- Once tickets arrive, open carefully by cutting the perforated edges.
Having tickets physically mailed to you takes a bit more planning, but ensures you have hard copies in-hand before the event without having to think about it. This is a good option if you don’t have easy access to a printer.
How do I use my Ticketmaster confirmation email for tickets?
Ticketmaster sends you a confirmation email immediately after you purchase event tickets online. This email contains useful ticket information and links:
- It shows details on the event date, location, seats, and price.
- “View Tickets” link takes you into your account to access tickets.
- “Add to Apple Wallet” lets you add tickets to Apple Wallet with one click.
- “Help” link provides assistance with ticket issues.
As long as you don’t delete the confirmation email, you can use it to view, access, and manage your tickets from any device. It’s handy for retrieving your ticket info if you didn’t print or transfer them yet.
Use confirmation email to add tickets to digital wallet
The confirmation email also makes it easy to add your tickets to a digital wallet like Apple Wallet or Google Pay:
- Open your Ticketmaster confirmation email.
- Click “Add to Apple Wallet” or “Add to Google Pay”.
- Follow prompts to add tickets to wallet.
- Tickets will appear in your digital wallet for entry.
You don’t need the Ticketmaster app to utilize your phone’s digital wallet. The confirmation email provides a direct link to add tickets to your wallet in just a few taps.
How does Account Manager work online?
Ticketmaster’s Account Manager is a website where you can view, manage, and transfer tickets online. You can access it directly from any web browser without needing an app.
Key features of Account Manager:
- View Tickets – See all upcoming and past events you have Ticketmaster tickets for.
- Transfer Tickets – Send tickets to someone else by entering their name and email address.
- Sell Tickets – Use Ticketmaster’s safe ticket exchange to sell tickets you can’t use.
- Donate Tickets – Donate unused tickets to charity to get a tax deduction.
Account Manager gives you full control over your Ticketmaster tickets online. And it’s mobile-friendly, so you can even manage tickets from your smartphone browser.
How to log into Account Manager
Logging into Account Manager only takes a moment:
- Go to ticketmaster.com/account
- Click “Sign In” in the top right.
- Enter your Ticketmaster username and password.
- You will be taken to your Account Manager dashboard.
Once inside Account Manager, you can easily view your upcoming events, ticket details, and take actions like transferring or selling from any device.
What are the pros and cons of using the Ticketmaster app?
While using the Ticketmaster app is not required, it does provide some useful features and conveniences. Here are some pros and cons to weigh:
Pros of the Ticketmaster app
- Stores tickets locally on your device.
- Provides maps and directions to the event venue.
- Receives push notifications about events.
- Gives quick access to event info and updates.
- Lets you easily buy or sell last-minute tickets.
Cons of the Ticketmaster app
- Must download and install app.
- Must manage app updates.
- Uses device storage space.
- Requires creating Ticketmaster account.
- Features may encourage impulse purchases.
Ultimately it comes down to personal preference. The Ticketmaster app provides useful tools for avid concert and event goers, but is not essential to access tickets bought on Ticketmaster.
With mobile apps being so ubiquitous these days, it’s easy to assume you need to use a company’s app for everything. But in the case of Ticketmaster tickets, their app is completely optional – you can access your tickets in many ways without it:
- Print them at home
- Have them mailed
- Use confirmation email links
- Manage them online
So don’t feel pressured into downloading yet another app you don’t really want or need. Ticketmaster still allows you to do everything from buying tickets to getting them on your phone for entry without ever installing their app.