Yes, Citi Field, home of the New York Mets, sells tickets directly to fans for games and events held at the stadium. Here is a quick overview of how to buy Mets tickets at Citi Field:
Buying Mets Tickets Directly from the Team
The best way to ensure you are getting authentic tickets straight from the source is to purchase them directly from the New York Mets. There are a few different options for buying tickets through the Mets:
- Online – Visit mets.com/tickets to view the interactive seating chart and select your seats. You can buy tickets online up until the start of the game.
- Phone – Call 1-718-507-TIXX to speak with a ticket sales representative who can help you pick seats and process your order over the phone.
- In Person – Visit the Citi Field ticket office located near the Jackie Robinson Rotunda entrance. Box office hours are Monday-Saturday, 10am-6pm and Sundays when gates open until the end of the game.
- Mail Order – Print and fill out the Mets Ticket Order Form and mail it to the address listed along with your payment.
The main advantages of ordering tickets directly through the Mets website or box office are:
- Widest selection of ticket inventory to choose from
- Ability to select your exact seat locations
- No hidden fees – the price you see is the price you pay
- 100% authentic tickets guaranteed
- Safe and secure checkout
- Access to ticket discounts and specials
Buying Mets Tickets on Resale Marketplaces
In addition to the team box office, there are many secondary ticket marketplaces where fans can buy Mets tickets from other fans and resellers. Some popular resale sites include:
- StubHub – Large ticket marketplace with digital tickets.
- Vivid Seats – Offers a 100% Buyer Guarantee on all ticket orders.
- SeatGeek – Compares ticket listings across multiple resale sites.
- Ticketmaster – Official partner for resale tickets.
- eBay – Buy and sell game tickets through auction listings.
- Craigslist – Classified ads for sports tickets posted by local sellers.
The advantage of these resale sites is the availability of last minute tickets. The downside is the tickets may be overpriced or potentially counterfeit.
How Much Do Mets Tickets Cost?
Mets ticket prices can vary greatly depending on factors like:
- Opponent – Rivalry and prime games cost more.
- Day of the Week – Weekends are higher demand.
- Time of Year – Early season games are cheaper.
- Seating Location – Field level seats or closer to home plate cost more.
To give an idea, here are some average Mets ticket prices:
|Average Price Range
|$60 – $500+
|$25 – $100
|$15 – $50
There are often discounts and deals available including family packs, group tickets, student and senior discounts that can reduce prices. Signing up for email alerts from the team will notify you of ticket specials.
Buying Parking at Citi Field
Citi Field offers parking in various color coded lots around the stadium. Pre-purchasing parking is recommended as spaces do sell out, especially for premium games. Parking rates are:
- Green Lot – $35
- Orange Lot – $30
- Blue Lot – $25
- Red Lot – $23
There are also private parking passes, limo parking, and accessible parking options available. Parking lots open 2.5 hours before first pitch and they accept both cash and cards for payment.
Getting to Citi Field Without Driving
If you don’t want to deal with stadium parking, Citi Field is easily accessible by public transit. Your options include:
- Subway – 7 train to Mets-Willets Point station which drops off right at Citi Field.
- LIRR – Port Washington line stops at Mets-Willets Point station.
- Bus – Q48 drops off outside stadium, many other buses stop nearby.
- Taxi/Rideshare – Designated Uber and Lyft pickup/dropoff zones are available.
- Citi Bike – Bike sharing docks located around perimeter of stadium.
The public transportation options make it easy to get to Citi Field from all over New York City and Long Island without the need to drive and pay for parking.
Citi Field has numerous options for purchasing Mets tickets directly through the team, on secondary marketplaces, or through ticket resellers. Ticket prices vary based on seat location, opponent, and demand. Parking or public transit can get you to the stadium easily. Check the Mets schedule and get your tickets today to enjoy a game at one of baseball’s premier stadiums!