Ticketmaster is one of the most popular ticket providers for concerts, sports games, and other live events. Many travelers who frequently fly Delta may wonder if they can earn Delta SkyMiles when purchasing tickets through Ticketmaster. The short answer is yes, you can earn SkyMiles from Ticketmaster purchases. However, there are some important details to understand.
Linking Your Delta SkyMiles and Ticketmaster Accounts
In order to earn SkyMiles when booking through Ticketmaster, you need to first link your Delta SkyMiles and Ticketmaster accounts. Here’s how to do it:
- Log into your Ticketmaster account online or via the mobile app
- Go to your Account Settings
- Select “Integrations” from the menu
- Choose “Delta SkyMiles” from the list of partners
- Enter your SkyMiles membership number and password
- Accept the terms to link your accounts
Once your accounts are linked, your SkyMiles number will automatically be attached to future Ticketmaster purchases. It’s important to double check that your accounts are in fact connected before booking tickets if you want to earn miles.
Earning SkyMiles on Ticketmaster Purchases
You will earn 1 mile per $1 spent on eligible tickets purchased through Ticketmaster. Here are some key details on earning SkyMiles:
- Only the base ticket price counts toward miles, not fees or shipping
- Tickets must be purchased online at ticketmaster.com or via the Ticketmaster app
- Both domestic and international Ticketmaster events are eligible
- Resale tickets purchased through Ticketmaster Resale sites do not qualify for miles
- Miles are earned on a per-ticket basis, not per order
- Miles will be credited to your Delta account after the event takes place
As long as your SkyMiles accounts are linked before checkout, the miles should be deposited automatically after the event. You can expect to see the miles in your Delta account within 4-6 weeks after the event date.
Maximizing SkyMiles Earnings on Ticketmaster
To maximize your SkyMiles earnings when booking through Ticketmaster, here are some tips:
- Purchase expensive tickets – More expensive tickets will earn you more miles
- Buy tickets in bulk – Purchase multiple tickets in a single order instead of separately
- Use a Delta co-branded credit card – Cards like the Gold, Platinum, and Reserve cards offer additional miles per dollar on purchases
- Take advantage of promotions – Occasional bonus mile promotions may be offered for Ticketmaster purchases
- Shop via the Ticketmaster app – You may find exclusive SkyMiles offers when using the app
You likely won’t earn a huge number of miles buying the occasional concert or game ticket. But frequent ticket buyers, especially for premium events, can rack up some decent SkyMiles over time.
SkyMiles Earning on Other Ticket Sites
In addition to Ticketmaster, Delta has SkyMiles partnerships with a few other major ticket sellers:
|1 mile per $1 on ticket purchases
|1 mile per $1 on ticket purchases
|1 mile per $1 on StubHub gift cards
The process for linking accounts and earning SkyMiles is similar for each of these partners. As with Ticketmaster, only certain purchases are eligible and miles are issued post-event. Be sure to review the partner sites for full details on earning miles.
Other Ways to Earn SkyMiles
While Ticketmaster and other ticket sites are nice options, there are numerous other ways to rack up SkyMiles for your Delta flights including:
- Delta flights – Earn miles based on the fare class and Delta partner status
- Delta co-branded credit cards – Earn sign-up bonuses, miles per dollar spent, and other perks
- Shopping portals – Online shopping through portals like SkyMiles Shopping and SkyMiles Dining
- Hotel stays – Book hotels through Delta and earn up to 5 miles per $1 spent
- Car rentals – Rent cars from partner brands like Avis and Budget
- Rideshares – Link accounts to earn miles on Lyft rides
The more ways you can accumulate SkyMiles from everyday purchases or travel booking, the easier it will be to maintain a growing balance. Just remember to always check if a retailer, merchant, or provider is a SkyMiles partner before making a purchase.
Tips for Redeeming SkyMiles
Once you’ve earned a good amount of SkyMiles from Ticketmaster, flights, and other sources, here are some tips for getting the most value when redeeming them for award travel:
- Book early to access more award seat availability
- Be flexible with your travel dates if possible
- Consider off-peak days like Tuesdays through Thursdays
- Compare rates for one-ways versus round-trips
- Take advantage of Delta Miles + Cash rates
- Use SkyMiles to cover fees on revenue tickets
Paying attention to the SkyMiles program rules, award charts, and other resources can also help you maximize your miles. With strategic earning and redemption, you can enjoy some great award flights on Delta.
Booking event tickets through Ticketmaster is a straightforward way for Delta flyers to earn extra SkyMiles for award travel. Just remember to link your Ticketmaster and Delta accounts, purchase eligible tickets online, and allow 6 weeks post-event for miles to be deposited.
Combining tickets with flights, credit cards, hotels, rentals, shopping portals, and other mile-earning streams allows you to really grow your SkyMiles balance over time. And using smart strategies to redeem miles helps get more value from the rewards. So don’t hesitate to buy some tickets and start racking up more SkyMiles!