Purchasing concert tickets can be an expensive endeavor, especially for popular artists like the Jonas Brothers. If you bought tickets to see the JoBros perform live but can no longer attend the show, you may be wondering if you can get a refund on the tickets.
Can you get a refund on Jonas Brothers tickets?
The short answer is – it depends. Whether or not you can get a refund on Jonas Brothers tickets varies based on where and how you purchased the tickets.
If you bought tickets directly from the official ticket seller for the venue or concert, such as Ticketmaster or AXS, you may be eligible for a refund, but it depends on the refund policy for that particular event. Many ticket sellers offer full refunds if the event is canceled or rescheduled. They may also allow refunds if you can no longer attend the event for a covered reason, such as illness, military deployment, or death in the family. However, the window of time to request a refund is usually limited.
For example, Ticketmaster’s refund policy states that you can get a full refund within 30 days from the event if you cannot attend for a covered reason. Otherwise, if you just change your mind, you may only get a partial refund or no refund at all. The closer it gets to the event date, the less likely you are to get your money back.
If you purchased resale tickets from a secondary seller like StubHub, Vivid Seats or SeatGeek, the refund rules may be different. Many resale sites have fan protect guarantees allowing refunds for canceled or postponed shows, but otherwise have strict no refund policies. You’ll want to check the exact policy for the site you bought from.
How do I request a refund for Jonas Brothers tickets?
To get a refund on tickets you purchased directly from an official seller, like Ticketmaster, you’ll need to contact their customer service department, either by phone, email or live online chat. You’ll explain why you cannot attend the event anymore and request a refund.
Make sure to have your order number or ticket information readily available. You may need to provide additional details, such as doctor’s notes if illness is the reason. The sooner you make the refund request after purchasing the tickets, the better.
For resale sites, you’ll likewise need to contact their customer service and go through the refund process specifics for that company. Have your order confirmation handy. Do this as soon as possible, especially for canceled or postponed shows before their guarantee window expires.
Keep in mind that for many tickets, you’ll lose out on some fees no matter what. Service fees and shipping costs are generally non-refundable. You’re most likely to get the base ticket price back only.
When should I request a Jonas Brothers ticket refund?
Time is of the essence if you need to cancel your Jonas Brothers tickets. Don’t delay in starting the refund process. Here is when you should request a refund:
- Right away if the show is postponed or canceled. Refunds for canceled shows are guaranteed, but are subject to shorter windows for resale sites.
- Within 30 days from the event date if you cannot attend due to a covered reason per the ticket seller’s policy.
- As soon as possible if you change your mind for a regular refund request, if available. Refund odds decrease closer to the event date.
Calling the ticket seller as soon as an issue comes up gives you the best shot at getting your money back. The shorter the notice, the less likely they are to offer a refund without a covered reason.
What if I bought Jonas Brothers tickets as a gift?
If you purchased Jonas Brothers tickets as a gift for someone else, but they can no longer attend, you do still have options for a refund:
- If the tickets were electronic or “e-tickets”, you should be able to log in to the ticket account and request the refund yourself on behalf of the recipient.
- If they were hard copy tickets shipped to your giftee, you’ll need to obtain the tickets from them to turn in for a refund. They’ll have to transfer ticket ownership to you.
- The giftee may be able to request the refund themselves by contacting the ticket seller, if they have the order information. Check policies.
As the original ticket purchaser, you have the best ability to get a refund, so work with your giftee to take care of it for canceled shows or other covered reasons.
Are Jonas Brothers tickets refundable if I simply can’t go?
If you are unable to attend a Jonas Brothers concert for reasons outside of the ticket seller’s standard covered list, you are less likely to be offered a refund. However, you can still ask.
Review the ticket site’s general refund policy for other events. Some may allow a one-time courtesy refund or offer partial refunds at their discretion if you contact them far enough in advance that they can resell the tickets.
For hard tickets, your only option may be trying to resell them yourself through a resale site or locally if time allows. E-tickets have a better shot since ownership can be transferred back to the source.
If you want to ask for an exception refund just because you changed your mind or something came up, be polite when contacting customer service. Explain why you cannot make it anymore and graciously ask if they would reconsider on behalf of a disappointed fan.
What will happen to my Jonas Brothers tickets if I don’t get a refund?
If you are unable to obtain a refund on your Jonas Brothers tickets, here is what will happen to them:
- For electronic tickets you still own, they will simply go unused and you’ll be out the money spent.
- If you already transferred non-refundable e-tickets to someone else, the new owner will be able to use them.
- Hard copy tickets you possess will also go to waste unless you can find someone to purchase them.
- The venue will essentially profit from any unused tickets that were not refunded to the buyer.
You don’t want to let the tickets go to waste if at all possible. Try your best to resell them or transfer them to someone who can attend. Or see if the ticketing company will work with you on a partial refund as some form of compensation.
Can I resell my Jonas Brothers tickets if I can’t get a refund?
If you are past the refund window for canceled Jonas Brothers shows or were denied a refund for other reasons, reselling the tickets yourself is an option in some cases. Here are the ways you can try to resell tickets:
- Online resale sites – List your tickets on StubHub, Vivid Seats or other reputable resale platforms. You set the price and complete the transfer.
- Social media – Post on Facebook groups for Jonas Brothers fans or concert groups that you are selling tickets. Meet locally.
- Craigslist – Create a ticket listing on Craigslist for people in your area. Beware of scams.
- Friends and family – Ask friends, family, co-workers, etc if they want to buy the tickets off you.
Look at current resale ticket prices to price yours competitively. The closer to the event it gets, the lower you may have to drop the price to attract buyers in time. Getting some money back is better than nothing.
Can I dispute the credit card charge if no refund?
If you exhausted all options for getting a refund from the ticket seller and resale avenues, disputing the credit card charge with your bank or card issuer is a last resort option. Here’s what to know:
- You can dispute the charge as “services not rendered” if tickets were for a canceled show.
- Other situations are harder to dispute. The merchant can argue it’s a “voluntary cancellation”.
- Provide documentation showing you tried to get a refund and were denied by the seller.
- There is no guarantee your dispute will be ruled in your favor.
Before disputing, send a final letter to the ticket seller stating you’ll be disputing the charge unless a refund is issued by a specific date. This may prompt them to reconsider issuing a refund to avoid a dispute.
- Full refunds are only guaranteed for Jonas Brothers shows that are postponed or canceled.
- Act quickly within the ticket seller’s policy time frame for the best refund success.
- No refunds are likely for voluntary cancellations and changed plans unless within the exchange window.
- Try reselling unusable tickets yourself if a refund is not possible.
- Credit card chargebacks are a last resort if you can demonstrate you attempted to resolve with the seller.
The bottom line
Getting a refund for Jonas Brothers tickets requires acting quickly as soon as you know you cannot attend, and having a qualified reason according to the seller’s policy. For voluntary changes of plan, refunds are less likely the closer it gets to the show date. You will have the best luck requesting a refund immediately for canceled or postponed concerts before the guarantee window closes. If you are left holding useless tickets, attempt to resell them to recoup some of your money back. With preparation, understanding of policies, and prompt action, you should be able to get a full or partial refund on most tickets when situations prevent you from seeing the JoBros live.
Here is a table summarizing key ticket refund factors:
|Show is postponed or canceled
|Full refund likely
|Request refund ASAP before window closes
|Illness, injury, family death
|Full refund likely if documented
|Provide proof to ticket seller
|Changed plans, can no longer go
|Low, unless within exchange period
|Check policy and politely ask
|Tickets as gift; recipient can’t go
|Moderate if purchased originally
|Work with recipient to get tickets back to request refund
Steps to get refunds on Jonas Brothers tickets
- Check event and ticket seller policies on refunds.
- Contact customer service right away and explain situation.
- Provide documentation if required (e.g. doctor’s note).
- Mail tickets back if necessary.
- Allow time for processing if approved.
- Dispute charge if all options exhausted and denied.
For further information on getting refunds for live event tickets, consult these helpful resources:
- Ticketmaster Refund Policy – Details on Ticketmaster refund policies and how to submit a request.
- Vivid Seats Refund Policy – Outlines the Vivid Seats approach to refunds for tickets bought on their resale site.
- StubHub FanProtect Guarantee – Describes StubHub’s guarantees backing tickets purchased on their marketplace.
- FTC Unordered Merchandise Resources – Offers consumer advice on recourse for refuting unwanted charges.
The right preparation and quick action are key to securing a refund on Jonas Brothers tickets from most major ticket sellers if shows are canceled or postponed. Even for voluntary cancellations, politely asking and citing policies may lead to partial refunds. Refund odds decrease the closer it gets to show dates, so move quickly if your plans change unexpectedly. With some diligence, you can likely get your money back on unused tickets.