Having trouble unlocking tickets on Ticketmaster can be frustrating, but don’t worry – there are a few common reasons why your code may not be working and some easy steps you can take to fix it. In this comprehensive guide, we’ll cover the key things to check to get your Ticketmaster tickets to successfully unlock.
Check if the code is entered correctly
The most common reason unlock codes don’t work is because they weren’t entered properly on the Ticketmaster website or app. Here are some tips to ensure you’re entering the code correctly:
- Copy and paste the code directly from the email instead of retyping it – this avoids any typos
- Make sure you are entering the full code including all numbers and letters. It should be a combination of letters and numbers like “A7X462”.
- Double check that you’re entering the code in the correct place on the Ticketmaster interface. There should be a prominently marked spot for the unlock code.
- Try entering the code again carefully, character by character. Going slowly helps avoid mistakes.
Taking an extra minute to carefully enter the full unlock code correctly can fix many issues getting tickets to unlock. Typos in longer codes are easy to make, so avoid manually typing when possible.
Verify the code is for the right event
Unlock codes are unique and tied to specific events – you can’t use a code for one event to unlock tickets for another. If you’re trying to use a code for the wrong event, it won’t work.
To fix this:
- Check the email the unlock code came in to confirm which event it is for.
- Make sure you’re trying to unlock tickets for that exact event on Ticketmaster.
- If you received multiple unlock codes for different events, carefully verify you are using the right code.
It may seem obvious, but when you have codes for multiple events it’s easy to mix them up. Taking a minute to validate you have the proper code for the event can resolve issues.
Check the code hasn’t expired
Unlock codes only work for a limited time. If you wait too long to use your code, it may have already expired.
If you think your code may have expired:
- Check the email it came in – there may be an expiration date listed.
- Try using it as soon as possible once you receive a code.
- Contact the seller if it has expired – they may be able to provide a new one.
Activating your Ticketmaster tickets quickly ensures you can use your unlock code before it stops working. Codes typically expire within 1-2 weeks but may be shorter.
Use the code on the right Ticketmaster product
Unlock codes can be specific to certain Ticketmaster products – most commonly you’ll see codes for Ticketmaster online sales or mobile app tickets.
If your code isn’t working:
- Check if the code is for a specific product like “Ticketmaster Mobile App” or “Online tickets”.
- Make sure you are trying to unlock tickets in the correct Ticketmaster product.
- Contact the seller if you’re unsure which Ticketmaster product the code is for.
Using an online code won’t work in the Ticketmaster app, and vice versa. Verify you’re using the right unlock code for the correct product.
Login to the Ticketmaster account associated with the code
Some Ticketmaster unlock codes will only work when you’re logged into a specific Ticketmaster account.
If this might be the issue:
- Check the original email for any mention of being associated with an account.
- Make sure you’re logged into Ticketmaster with the account credentials originally used to obtain the code.
- Try logging out and logging back in with the proper account details.
If a code is tied to an account, you have to be logged into unlock the tickets – otherwise the code won’t work.
Contact Ticketmaster Customer Support for assistance
If you’ve verified all the steps above and your Ticketmaster unlock code still isn’t working, it’s time to contact their customer support team for additional help.
When contacting support, have the following information ready:
- The Ticketmaster unlock code that is not working.
- The event you are trying to unlock tickets for.
- Screenshots showing you are entering the code correctly.
- Any error messages or messages displayed when entering the code.
Their team can use this info to investigate further and identify why the code is not unlocking your tickets. They may be able to resolve the issue directly or refer you back to the original ticket seller for a new code if needed.
You can contact Ticketmaster Customer Support via:
- Online form at https://www.ticketmaster.com/contactus
- By phone at +1 800-653-8000 (toll free in USA/Canada)
- On Twitter at @Ticketmaster
Getting in touch with their customer service team is the best way to unlock tickets when you’ve hit a dead end trying on your own.
Unresponsive unlock codes can quickly sour the excitement of scoring tickets to a hot event. But in most cases, there are simple fixes – like verifying the code is entered properly or that you have the right code for the event. Running through the troubleshooting tips above should get your Ticketmaster tickets unlocked in no time. And if all else fails, their helpful customer service team is available to get both you and your tickets happily through the virtual turnstiles.
Some key takeaways to remember are:
- Carefully copy/paste the entire unlock code to avoid typos
- Confirm the code is for the right event and hasn’t expired
- Use the code on the matching Ticketmaster product (online, app, etc)
- Make sure you’re logged into the correct Ticketmaster account
- Contact Ticketmaster customer support if still having issues
With these tips, any problems getting a Ticketmaster code to work should be easily resolved. You’ll be able to unlock those valuable tickets and enjoy the show or game you’ve been looking forward to.
For more help using Ticketmaster, check out their full Help Center.
Thanks for reading – now stop stressing and go enjoy the event!