There are a few potential reasons why you may be unable to add your Ticketmaster tickets to Apple Wallet:
Your event or tickets are not eligible
Not all events or tickets sold on Ticketmaster are eligible for digital tickets through Apple Wallet. Here are some common reasons your tickets may not be eligible:
- The event organizer or venue has not enabled digital tickets for the event.
- You purchased resale/secondhand tickets through a reseller, which often cannot be added to Apple Wallet.
- You have hard stock tickets (printed tickets) rather than mobile tickets.
- You purchased Platinum tickets, which have special dynamic pricing and usually cannot be added to Apple Wallet.
If your ticket type is not eligible, unfortunately there is no way to add the tickets to Apple Wallet. You would need to present the printed or mobile app tickets to enter the event.
Issues with your Apple device, settings or app
Sometimes the issue preventing Apple Wallet from adding tickets is on your end with your Apple device, settings or the Apple Wallet app itself. Here are some things to check:
- Make sure your device is compatible with Apple Wallet and has the latest iOS version installed. Apple Wallet requires an iPhone or Apple Watch running iOS 8 or later.
- Check that you have an active internet connection on your device. You’ll need to be connected to the internet to sync tickets to Apple Wallet.
- Make sure Apple Wallet is enabled on your device. Go to Settings > Wallet & Apple Pay and make sure Wallet is toggled on.
- Check that you have enough storage space on your device to download and save the digital tickets.
- Force quit and re-open the Apple Wallet app if you’re having trouble getting it to refresh with new tickets.
- As a last resort, try deleting the Apple Wallet app and re-downloading it from the App Store to reset it.
Fixing any device-specific issues that could be preventing Apple Wallet from working properly may allow you to add your Ticketmaster tickets successfully.
Ticket transfer or delivery issues
Issues with the ticket delivery method or transfers can also prevent Apple Wallet from adding tickets properly. Here are some potential ticket issues to check:
- If you purchased tickets for someone else, make sure they have successfully claimed the tickets and they are now in their Ticketmaster account. Transferred tickets have to be claimed before they can be added to Apple Wallet.
- For electronic mobile ticket delivery, check that the tickets were successfully delivered to your My Ticketmaster account and you completed any required acceptance steps.
- If you’re picking up tickets at will call, you’ll need to finish that pickup process first before the tickets can be accessed on your account and added to Apple Wallet.
Resolving any ticket transfers or delivery issues may then allow you to sync the tickets to Apple Wallet. You can go back to your Ticketmaster account after to retry adding them to Apple Wallet if needed.
If your Ticketmaster tickets still won’t add to Apple Wallet after checking the common issues above, here are some troubleshooting tips to try:
- From your Ticketmaster account, reload or resend the tickets and try adding them to Apple Wallet again. This may retrigger the ability to sync tickets.
- Try adding your Ticketmaster tickets to Apple Wallet using a different supported Apple device like an iPhone or Apple Watch to rule out any device-specific issues.
- Contact Ticketmaster Fan Support for further help troubleshooting and to check if they can enable your ticket type for Apple Wallet if needed.
- As a workaround, take a screenshot of your Ticketmaster ticket barcode and use that photo as your ticket in Apple Wallet if digital tickets don’t end up working.
|Ineligible event or tickets
|No workaround – contact event organizer to enable digital tickets if possible
|Device, settings or app issues
|Update iOS, enable Apple Wallet, reinstall Apple Wallet app, etc.
|Ticket transfer or delivery issues
|Ensure recipient has claimed transferred tickets, tickets delivered successfully, etc.
Why Apple Wallet is useful for tickets
Adding tickets to Apple Wallet provides some great benefits and convenience:
- Tickets are stored securely but easily accessible on your iPhone or Apple Watch.
- Entry is seamless with auto barcode presentation – no need to dig out your phone and open an app.
- Tickets can still be accessed offline if you lose cell service.
- Apple Wallet organizes and displays key ticket details like seat locations.
- Tickets are visually appealing with interactive maps and images.
Using Apple Wallet for your Ticketmaster tickets provides the most convenient and efficient entry experience at events. No more worrying about losing paper tickets or your phone battery dying!
- Check eligibility of your ticket type – some may not support Apple Wallet.
- Make sure your device meets Apple Wallet requirements.
- Resolve any ticket delivery or transfer issues.
- Contact Ticketmaster support if issues persist.
- Use Apple Wallet for seamless ticket entry through barcode scanning.
Trouble adding Ticketmaster tickets to Apple Wallet is often due to ineligible ticket types, device issues, or problems with ticket delivery and transfers. After checking these common causes and trying troubleshooting tips like resending tickets or contacting support, you should be able to successfully use Apple Wallet for seamless event entry and maximize the convenience of digital ticketing.