There are a few potential reasons why you may see the “Oops something went wrong” error message when using Ticketmaster.
Server or Network Issues
One of the most common reasons for this error is that Ticketmaster’s servers are experiencing some problems or there are network connectivity issues. With the high volume of traffic Ticketmaster handles, especially around the times that big events go on sale, their servers can sometimes have trouble keeping up with all the requests.
Issues like server outages, overloaded servers, network congestion, or general connectivity problems on Ticketmaster’s end could all result in this error popping up for some users. The good news is these types of problems are usually temporary and tend to resolve themselves once the source of the issue is fixed.
Like any website, Ticketmaster can have the occasional glitch or bug that causes errors like this. Things like coding problems, software bugs, or errors in the latest updates to the site could all contribute to random errors coming up.
These website glitches are often fixed quickly once Ticketmaster engineers identify the specific issue causing them. If the problem is occurring for many users, Ticketmaster usually makes correcting these types of errors a high priority.
Browser or Device Incompatibility Issues
In some cases, the “Oops something went wrong” message may stem from browser or device compatibility issues on the user’s end rather than a problem with Ticketmaster itself. For example:
- Using an outdated or unsupported browser to access Ticketmaster
- Having browser extensions, add-ons, or plugins that conflict with Ticketmaster
- Browsing on a mobile device that has connectivity problems or an outdated operating system
- Having security software or firewalls that block parts of the Ticketmaster website
- Having inconsistent internet access or slow speeds
Trying Ticketmaster in a different browser or on a different device can help determine if the error stems from a browser or device problem versus an issue on Ticketmaster’s end.
Account or Payment Problems
If you encounter this error when in the middle of a transaction like purchasing tickets, it may be indicative of a problem with the account or payment method you are trying to use.
Some potential account or payment issues that could generate this error include:
- Problems with your Ticketmaster account – such as being logged out during the transaction, needing to reset your password, or having an outdated payment method on file
- Your payment card being declined or having insufficient funds
- Entering payment card information incorrectly
- Your payment card expiring or being reported lost or stolen
- Reaching your payment card’s transaction limits for the day
Checking that your Ticketmaster account login details are correct and that your payment information is up to date can help resolve these types of issues.
Too Much Traffic Overloading the System
For high demand events where tickets sell out extremely quickly, the rush of traffic trying to purchase tickets all at once can sometimes overload Ticketmaster’s servers and cause errors for some users.
This tends to happen most frequently right as tickets initially go on sale, especially for things like concert tours by major pop stars or hot playoff games featuring popular sports teams. Too many users flood the system at the exact same time, which bogs everything down.
If you receive the “Oops something went wrong” message when trying to buy highly coveted tickets, retrying a short time later often works once the initial surge of traffic has died down. Spreading out ticket purchases across your group can also help avoid overtaxing the system.
How to Fix “Oops Something Went Wrong” Ticketmaster Errors
Here are some troubleshooting tips to try if you encounter the “Oops something went wrong” message on Ticketmaster:
- Refresh the page or log out and back into your Ticketmaster account – this clears any cached data that could be causing problems.
- Try another web browser or device – this helps determine if the issue is stemming from your browser or device versus Ticketmaster itself.
- Clear your browser’s cookies and cache – removing these can eliminate problematic files that cause conflicts with the Ticketmaster site.
- Disable any browser extensions or add-ons temporarily – these may conflict with Ticketmaster.
- Update to the latest version of your browser and operating system – staying updated ensures maximum compatibility with Ticketmaster.
- Check for antivirus or firewall software blocking Ticketmaster – add Ticketmaster to your allowed sites list if needed.
- Verify your Ticketmaster account credentials are correct – reset your password if you’re unsure.
- Confirm payment information is up to date in your Ticketmaster account – update if needed.
- Retry your purchase during off-peak hours – avoid the initial rush when hot tickets first go on sale.
- Spread ticket purchases across friends – have each person buy a portion versus all at once.
- Contact Ticketmaster customer support – they can further troubleshoot or confirm any known issues.
Preventing “Oops Something Went Wrong” Errors
Some tips to help avoid the “Oops something went wrong” message when using Ticketmaster:
- Maintain a strong and reliable internet connection.
- Keep your browser and devices up to date with the latest versions.
- Use a recommended mainstream browser like Chrome or Firefox.
- Disable any unused browser extensions that could conflict.
- Allow cookies and clear cache/browsing history regularly.
- Validate payment information is correct before starting transactions.
- Be logged into your Ticketmaster account ahead of ticket sales.
- Avoid trying to purchase the instant hot tickets go on sale.
Contact Ticketmaster Customer Service for Additional Troubleshooting
If you continue experiencing the “Oops something went wrong” error message, contacting Ticketmaster customer support can be helpful for further troubleshooting:
- Live chat with a support agent through the Help section of Ticketmaster’s website.
- Reach out on Twitter via @Ticketmaster.
- Call Ticketmaster customer service by phone at +1 800-653-8000 (US/Canada) or +44 333 005 0999 (UK).
- Email Ticketmaster customer support through their contact form.
Ticketmaster’s support team may be able to walk through additional steps specific to your situation to identify why you are getting that error message.
They can also confirm whether it’s a wider issue affecting multiple users that their engineering team is actively working on fixing.
The “Oops something went wrong” error message on Ticketmaster is typically temporary and often arises from server outages, website glitches, browser incompatibilities, or too much traffic overloading the system. Try troubleshooting steps like switching devices, updating software, clearing cache, double-checking account details, or contacting support. With some patience and perseverance, you should be able to successfully complete your ticket transaction.