LL Cool J, whose real name is James Todd Smith, is an American rapper, actor, author, and entrepreneur who first rose to fame in the 1980s. He recently announced a tour for 2023, which has sparked interest regarding who he will be performing with.
LL Cool J’s Upcoming Tour
In September 2022, LL Cool J announced his “Rock the Bells” tour for summer 2023. The tour is named after his hit single “Rock the Bells” which was released in 1985. The tour is scheduled to kick off on July 7, 2023 in Chicago and will visit over 25 cities across the United States before concluding on September 17, 2023 in Los Angeles.
Some of the major venues LL Cool J will be performing at include Madison Square Garden in New York City, State Farm Arena in Atlanta, American Airlines Center in Dallas, and The Forum in Los Angeles. The tour is significant because it marks LL Cool J’s first major multi-city tour in over 5 years.
Potential Tour Partners
LL Cool J has not yet announced who exactly will be joining him on the “Rock the Bells” tour. However, based on his past collaborations and relationships in the music industry, there are a few potential artists who might make an appearance:
- Snoop Dogg – LL and Snoop have collaborated multiple times over the years, such as on the hit song “Loud” in 2021. They have remained friends since the 1990s West Coast rap scene.
- Ice Cube – Cube and LL are hip-hop icons who both rose to fame with their distinct styles. They have toured together in the past, such as on The Kings of the Mic tour in 2000.
- Public Enemy – LL featured on Public Enemy’s 2020 song “Public Enemy Number Won”. They are both highly influential rap groups with decades of history.
- Run DMC – Run DMC and LL Cool J came up together in the early days of hip-hop. Run DMC recently announced they are planning to tour in 2023 as well.
- Fat Joe – Joe and LL have appeared on songs together multiple times, like “I Shot Ya (Remix)” in 1995. They are frequent collaborators.
- Redman – Redman was featured on LL’s hit 1990 song “Mama Said Knock You Out”. They also toured together that same year.
Based on his tour history and continued friendship with these hip-hop legends, it is very possible one or more of these artists could show up during LL Cool J’s tour in 2023. However, nothing has been officially confirmed yet.
What to Expect From an LL Cool J Concert
LL Cool J is known for his high-energy live shows that feature him both rapping and singing many of his iconic hits. Fans can expect to hear classics like:
- “Mama Said Knock You Out”
- “Rock the Bells”
- “I Need Love”
- “Doin’ It”
- “I’m Bad”
He will also likely perform newer material off his more recent albums. LL typically performs for over an hour, delivering rap verses with breath control and charisma. He engages with the crowd throughout the show, bringing fans onto the stage and embracing the audience.
In addition to LL Cool J’s own songs, if he is joined by other artists, they will perform both their collaborative tracks together, as well as some of their own individual hits. For example, if joined by Snoop Dogg, he may do some of his well-known songs like “Drop It Like It’s Hot.”
LL Cool J’s Legacy
LL Cool J is considered a hip-hop pioneer and legend. He first achieved commercial success with his debut album “Radio” in 1985 at the young age of 17. He was one of the first artists to bridge the gap between rap music originating from the East Coast and the melodic West Coast style.
Over his long career, LL Cool J has released 13 studio albums and starred in numerous films and TV shows, including NCIS: Los Angeles. Some key achievements include:
- First rapper to appear on MTV
- First rap solo artist to win a Grammy award
- Four #1 Billboard albums
- Starred in over 30 movies
With longevity spanning over 35 years in the music industry, LL Cool J has solidified his place as one of the most significant hip-hop artists of all time. His upcoming 2023 tour will be a chance for old and new fans alike to celebrate his extensive catalog of music.
How to Get LL Cool J Tour Tickets
Tickets for LL Cool J’s “Rock the Bells” tour will be available through Ticketmaster. They can be purchased online via either Ticketmaster’s website or the official LL Cool J website. Tickets will range from around $50 – $300 depending on the city and seat location in the venue.
Here are some tips for getting LL Cool J tickets:
- Buy early – Prices will increase as the concert date approaches and inventory decreases. Purchase as soon as tickets go on sale to get seats at face value.
- Join fan club – Artists often have presales for their fan club members before the general public.
- Check for deals – Look for special offers that come with merch, meet and greets, etc. when buying tickets.
- Avoid resale sites – Prices on secondary market resellers like StubHub are often unfairly inflated.
With his signature style and decades of iconic music, an LL Cool J concert is sure to be a memorable hip-hop experience for any fan. Catch him live by getting tickets when they become available to the general public.
LL Cool J’s “Rock the Bells” tour in summer 2023 is set to be one of the biggest hip-hop events of the year. While an official artist lineup has not been announced yet, fans can likely expect special guests like Snoop Dogg, Ice Cube, Run DMC, and others. LL will be performing his extensive catalog of hits in his engaging, high-energy style that has made him a legend. Tickets will be available through Ticketmaster shortly before the tour kicks off in July. This is one rap concert you will not want to miss, so be sure to get your LL Cool J tickets early!