Ticketmaster is one of the largest ticket sales and distribution companies in the world. Founded in 1976, the company sells tickets for various live entertainment events ranging from concerts to sporting events. Ticketmaster has grown to become a major player in the live events industry with operations in over 30 countries. But where exactly is the corporate headquarters of this global ticketing giant located?
Beverly Hills, California
The corporate headquarters of Ticketmaster is located in Beverly Hills, California. Specifically, the address of the Ticketmaster headquarters is:
9348 Civic Center Drive
Beverly Hills, CA 90210
This office building serves as the main center of operations for Ticketmaster’s business. It houses the company’s executive team as well as many other corporate departments. The Beverley Hills location has been the home of Ticketmaster’s headquarters since at least the early 2000s.
History of Ticketmaster in Los Angeles
While Ticketmaster is now based in Beverly Hills, the company originates from Los Angeles. In 1976, two computer programmers named Gordon Gunn and Peter Gadwa founded a company called Ticket Reservation Systems in Los Angeles. This company was focused on using new computer technology to modernize the ticket sales process.
Over the next several years, Ticket Reservation Systems acquired several rival ticketing companies including Ticketron, its main competitor at the time. These mergers eventually led to the company changing its name to Ticketmaster in 1982.
During Ticketmaster’s early years, its offices were located in West Los Angeles. Specifically, its headquarters were located at:
8800 Sunset Blvd
West Hollywood, CA 90069
This served as Ticketmaster’s main office throughout the 1980s after the name change. However, as the company continued to expand, it eventually relocated its corporate headquarters to the current office in Beverly Hills.
Advantages of Beverly Hills Location
There are a few key reasons why Ticketmaster chose Beverly Hills for its head office:
- Central location in the Los Angeles metro area – Beverly Hills is centrally situated in the middle of LA, with access to highways and transit.
- Prestige associated with Beverly Hills – Locating here lends an air of luxury and success to the company brand.
- Access to talent – The LA region has a deep talent pool of qualified candidates that the company can recruit from.
- Business-friendly environment – Beverly Hills creates a welcoming environment for major corporations.
Additionally, the fact that Ticketmaster was founded and initially grew in LA likely played a role in the decision to keep its headquarters in the region when it outgrew its old West Hollywood office.
Ticketmaster’s Headquarters Building
Ticketmaster’s corporate headquarters is located in an modern-style 8-story office building. Some key facts about the building include:
- Around 200,000 square feet of floor space
- Constructed in 1987
- Formerly known as the Metropolitan Park office complex
- Features a white facade with blue-tinted windows
- Houses other tenants besides Ticketmaster on upper floors
The building was originally developed by Metropolitan Development Company. Ticketmaster moved into the property in the early 2000s after relocating from its previous West Hollywood location.
Interior and Layout
The interior of Ticketmaster’s headquarters features an open layout with modern interior design. Some highlights include:
- Contemporary furniture and decor, including liberal use of Ticketmaster’s signature bright blue color
- Open workspaces designed to encourage collaboration
- Standing desks available for improved ergonomics
- Recreation spaces including lounge areas, cafeterias, and outdoor patios
- State-of-the-art audiovisual technology in meeting rooms
- Wall art and displays that reinforce the company’s music industry connections
Additionally, the executive offices are located on one of the top floors, away from the open work areas. Overall, the interior environment reflects Ticketmaster’s brand identity as a modern, music-centric entertainment services provider.
Security at Ticketmaster Headquarters
As one of the world’s largest ticket companies, security is understandably tight at Ticketmaster’s corporate office. Measures include:
- Employee access cards required to enter building and offices
- Front desk registration for all visitors
- On-site security personnel monitoring entrances and circulating throughout building
- Surveillance cameras both inside and outside the premises
- Secure access to data and call centers
Maintaining rigorous security protocols enables Ticketmaster to protect sensitive customer data and prevent disruptions to its ticketing systems and sales operations. The company takes pride in offering a safe and controlled working environment at its Beverly Hills headquarters.
Other Major Ticketmaster Offices
While the Beverly Hills office serves as Ticketmaster’s global headquarters, the company maintains other sizable offices around the world. Some of the other major centers of operations include:
- Westlake Village, CA – Additional corporate office campus near Los Angeles
- Nashville, TN – Tech development offices
- New York City, NY – Headquarters for Ticketmaster’s eastern US operations
- Toronto, Canada – Headquarters for Ticketmaster Canada
- London, England – Headquarters for Ticketmaster UK
- Sydney, Australia – Headquarters for Ticketmaster Australia
Maintaining offices across North America, Europe, Australia, and other markets allows Ticketmaster to provide dedicated support and ticketing services tailored to these regions. But the nerve center coordinating all of Ticketmaster’s worldwide operations remains located at the company’s main corporate office in Beverly Hills.
For over 40 years, Ticketmaster has steadily grown from a small LA-based startup into one of the global leaders in live event ticketing. While it has expanded internationally, Ticketmaster maintains deep California roots, as evidenced by its long-time corporate headquarters in Beverly Hills. The iconic office building helps to coordinate Ticketmaster’s far-reaching operations through state-of-the-art facilities optimized for the company’s priorities of technology, security, and customer service.