A Ticketmaster Account Manager is a dedicated representative assigned to manage ticket purchases for large clients who frequently buy tickets in high volumes. Having an Account Manager provides these high-volume buyers with a more personalized service for their ticketing needs.
Who is eligible for a Ticketmaster Account Manager?
Ticketmaster Account Managers are typically assigned to corporate clients, sports teams, theaters, concert promoters, casinos, and other high-volume ticket buyers. To be eligible, you generally need to purchase a minimum number of tickets per year, often several thousand or more. The exact requirements can vary, but some factors Ticketmaster may consider are:
- Your overall annual ticket spend
- The number of events you buy tickets for
- How early you need access to tickets before the general public
- If you require group seating blocks or season ticket packages
- If you re-sell tickets or have special distribution requirements
Having an Account Manager is a privilege reserved for Ticketmaster’s highest-volume, highest-spending customers. If you don’t meet the minimum requirements, you may not be eligible at this time.
Benefits of having a Ticketmaster Account Manager
There are several key benefits that Account Managers can provide their clients:
- Personalized Service: Your Account Manager gets to know your business, your ticketing needs and preferences, and your billing processes. You’ll have a direct line of contact instead of dealing with general customer service.
- Priority Access to Tickets: Account Managers can help clients get access to tickets before the general public for high-demand events. This ensures you get the seats you want.
- Streamlined Group Orders: Ordering large blocks of tickets or season ticket packages is complex. Your Account Manager will handle all the details and logistics.
- Custom Reporting: Your Account Manager can provide you with customized sales reports, order tracking, and other analytics about your ticket purchases.
- Dedicated Support: You’ll have a direct contact for any last-minute changes, special requests, refunds, ticket transfers, and other support needs.
In short, an Account Manager gives busy high-volume buyers personalized service, smoother transactions, priority access, and accountability in one dedicated representative.
How to request a Ticketmaster Account Manager
If you believe your business or organization might meet the requirements, you can contact Ticketmaster directly to request an Account Manager. Here is the process:
- Determine your eligibility – Review your past ticket orders and volumes to estimate your expected annual spending and needs. Ticketmaster will verify this.
- Contact your sales rep – If you already have a Ticketmaster sales representative, reach out to them to discuss Account Manager options.
- Call Ticketmaster Sales – If you don’t have an existing sales contact, call Ticketmaster Sales at 1-800-653-8000.
- Fill out request forms – Your sales rep will provide the appropriate request forms to capture details about your account and projected ticket needs.
- Wait for approval – Ticketmaster will review your request and projected volumes to determine if you meet the Account Manager requirements.
- Get assigned a manager – Once approved, you’ll be contacted by your new dedicated Account Manager to get started.
The approval process can take a few weeks. You’ll need to demonstrate a legitimate need for the privileges that come with an Account Manager. But for organizations with large, ongoing ticket purchases, having a dedicated representative can be hugely valuable.
Responsibilities of a Ticketmaster Account Manager
Once assigned to your account, your Ticketmaster Account Manager will be responsible for a number of tasks, including:
- Learning your ticketing needs, processes, and preferences in-depth.
- Coordinating early access to high demand tickets before public on-sales.
- Making bulk ticket orders across multiple events efficient and error-free.
- Advising you on best available seats and ticket limits for popular events.
- Handling group orders, season ticket packages, or other complex fulfillment.
- Providing timely order confirmations, invoice reconciliation, and reporting.
- Acting as your advocate within Ticketmaster for special requests.
- Coordinating last-minute changes, cancellations, or issues with orders.
- Generally optimizing and personalizing your Ticketmaster purchasing experience.
A good Account Manager becomes an invaluable partner in securing tickets and should provide white-glove service tailored to your specific needs.
Typical clients for Ticketmaster Account Managers
While requirements vary case-by-case, some examples of the types of businesses that commonly leverage Ticketmaster Account Manager services include:
- Sports teams/franchises – For season tickets, group seats, suites, and away game travel.
- Live event promoters – For access to large reserved ticket blocks for concerts, festivals, conferences, etc.
- Theaters – For season subscription packages and group sales blocks.
- Corporate event planners – For employee outings, client entertainment, conferences, and more.
- Non-profit organizations – For annual fundraiser galas, volunteer rewards programs, etc.
- Agencies – Concert promotion agencies, fan clubs, tourism agencies, etc.
- Casinos – For show tickets, fight tickets, and other events.
- Universities – For student outings, faculty/staff events, commencements, etc.
Essentially any medium-to-large organization purchasing thousands of tickets per year can benefit from personalized Account Manager service.
Tips for working with your Ticketmaster Account Manager
Once you have an Account Manager appointed, make the most of the opportunity with these tips:
- Provide them your organization’s annual ticketing forecast so they can prepare.
- Inform them well in advance of dates you need access to high-demand shows or games.
- Send guest lists and final seat numbers at least 72 hours before an event.
- Consolidate orders and submit just 1-2 purchase orders per week when possible.
- Get to know their work schedule in case you need urgent assistance.
- Understand and follow Ticketmaster terms to avoid fees or cancellations.
- Give feedback on their service so they can better assist you.
- Utilize all the tools and reporting they provide to simplify your ticket management.
The more you communicate your needs, the better your Account Manager can cater to them. Be organized and proactive, and they can handle the heavy lifting of complex ticket purchases for you behind the scenes.
Downsides of Account Managers
While there are many benefits, there are a few potential downsides to weigh as well:
- Account Managers handle multiple clients, so may not always be instantly available.
- Having a middleman can sometimes slow simple requests versus self-service.
- You lose some independence and control compared to buying direct as a consumer.
- Changing Account Managers can require rebuilding your buyer-seller relationship.
- Large clients sometimes receive less personal attention over smaller accounts.
However, for most high-volume ticket buyers, the enhanced service and privileges outweigh the minor limitations. Just communicate your needs clearly, and leverage your Account Manager as an effective partner.
Alternatives to Ticketmaster Account Managers
Before requesting an Account Manager, some other options to consider for bulk ticket buyers are:
- Client Services Team – Dedicated support for medium-large businesses that don’t require a full Account Manager.
- Group Order Discounts – Special bulk order pricing available to groups buying 10+ tickets without an Account Manager.
- Season Ticket Packages – Pricing discounts when buying season tickets all at once instead of single games.
- Verified Fan Presales – Special presale access for Ticketmaster users without an Account Manager.
- Ticketmaster Corporate Rewards – Credit card program providing some ticket discounts and exclusive access.
For some buyers, a combination of the above options may provide sufficient volume discounts without the commitment of an Account Manager. Evaluate your specific needs and events per year to choose the best approach.
A Ticketmaster Account Manager provides high-touch, personalized service tailored to frequent high-volume ticket buyers. If your organization spends over several thousand a year on tickets, an Account Manager can give you privileged access, streamlined ordering, and dedicated support. Just reach out to a Ticketmaster sales representative to request an evaluation. With the right Account Manager partnership, your organization can optimize its complex ticketing needs.