When Ticketmaster sends you a code, it typically means you have been selected for a special offer or promotion for an upcoming event. This code allows you to unlock discounted or exclusive ticket prices that are not available to the general public.
Why Does Ticketmaster Send Codes?
There are a few main reasons why Ticketmaster may send out codes to customers:
Often codes are used for presale events to give fans early access to tickets before they go on sale to the general public. Presales allow loyal fans, fan club members, credit card holders, etc. to purchase tickets ahead of the masses.
Ticketmaster runs various promotions throughout the year that require a special code to redeem. This includes deals tied to certain credit cards, lucky seat promotions, discounts for new users, and more.
Fan Club Access
Artists will frequently partner with Ticketmaster to offer fan club members special ticket access through codes. These codes unlock tickets just for official fan club members.
For very popular shows that are likely to sell out quickly, Ticketmaster may use a Verified Fan system. This requires fans to register ahead of time and get a code to ensure only real fans, not bots, have access to tickets.
Similar to Verified Fan, Ticketmaster may also place fans in a virtual queue and distribute codes for when it is your turn to access tickets. This helps control traffic to high-demand events.
Ticketmaster may send codes to targeted groups of customers based on purchase history, demographics, location, and other data to give them access to specialized offers.
How Do Ticketmaster Codes Work?
When you receive a code from Ticketmaster, it will come via email or text message and contain a short string of letters, numbers, or both. Here is a breakdown of how to use Ticketmaster codes:
1. Register the Code
First, you’ll need to register your code on Ticketmaster. This locks the code to your account so only you can use it.
2. Find the Event
Search for the event on Ticketmaster and look for the link or button to enter the code. Sometimes this is on the main ticket purchase page, other times there is a separate link just for codes.
3. Unlock Tickets
When you enter the code, any special discounted tickets or exclusive allotments loaded to that code will unlock. You can then purchase those unlocked tickets.
Finish the checkout process like normal. Make sure to complete checkout within the timeframe stated in the code instructions, often within 1-2 hours.
5. Enjoy the Show!
If all goes smoothly, your code will unlock special ticket offerings so you can enjoy the concert, game, or show!
Important Things to Know About Ticketmaster Codes
Here are some key facts to remember when using a Ticketmaster code:
- Codes are event-specific – they only work for the event listed in the message.
- Codes have a short valid timeframe, usually 1-2 hours.
- Only the recipient can use the code – it locks to your Ticketmaster account.
- Codes can unlock discounted tickets, presale tickets, or other exclusive ticket blocks.
- Supply is limited – act fast before the allotment sells out.
- Codes won’t work after the stated expiration time.
- Sometimes multiple codes are required for one purchase.
Tips for Using Your Ticketmaster Code
Follow these tips to ensure you can fully capitalize on your special Ticketmaster code:
Don’t delay – register your code as soon as you receive it. Then purchase tickets as soon as the tickets unlock to get the best selection.
Only try to use your code on one device. Using multiple devices can invalidate the code.
Keep trying if tickets sell out right away. Seats are sometimes released in blocks. So don’t give up!
Have the ticket page open in multiple browser tabs/windows to save time if you need to reload.
If the page seems stuck, try refreshing to load the unlocked seats.
Try the Ticketmaster app if the website is glitchy. And vice versa.
Don’t forget to check codes on your phone too, not just your computer.
The Best Way to Use Your Ticketmaster Code
The most effective strategy for using a Ticketmaster code is:
- Register your code immediately upon receipt.
- Pull up the event page 15-20 mins before the code works.
- Refresh constantly once the unlock time hits.
- Have both app and desktop site ready in multiple windows/tabs.
- Try, try again if tickets look sold out at first.
- Lock in tickets the moment you see seats released.
This game plan will give you the best shot at scoring tickets using your special Ticketmaster code!
Why Registering Your Code is so Important
It may seem like an extra hassle, but taking the quick step to register your code is critical. Here’s why:
- It locks the code to your Ticketmaster account.
- This prevents anyone else from using your code.
- Registration confirms you are a real fan.
- It tracks your special code redemption.
- This allows Ticketmaster to send you future codes.
- Registration may be required to unlock some features.
- It prevents code bots from hoarding tickets.
- You earn rewards points by registering codes.
Overall, registering each unique code helps protect your ticket access and leads to more special offers in the future.
What if Your Code Doesn’t Work?
If your Ticketmaster code doesn’t seem to be working, try these troubleshooting tips:
- Make sure the code is entered correctly.
- Double check the expiration date hasn’t passed.
- Try different browsers or devices.
- Ensure all steps were completed properly.
- Contact Ticketmaster Fan Support for assistance.
- Codes sometimes take a few minutes to activate.
- The code may only unlock certain ticket blocks.
- There is likely high traffic so keep trying.
In most cases, as long as your code is valid and entered before expiration, persistence is key. Keep trying and refresh often until the tickets unlock. If issues continue, reach out to Ticketmaster for help Getting Your Code to Work.
How to Get Ticketmaster Codes
Wondering how you can score more Ticketmaster codes for exclusive ticket access? Here are some tips:
Join Fan Clubs
Becoming an official fan club member is one of the best ways to get pre-sale codes for your favorite artists.
Follow Ticketmaster on Social Media
Ticketmaster will post special code giveaways across their social media channels.
Buy tickets to events and build a purchase history to get targeted promo code offers.
Use a Ticketmaster Credit Card
Having a Ticketmaster credit card provides code access to cardholder-only presales.
Check Account Emails
Make sure to open emails from Ticketmaster – they will sometimes contain free codes.
Referring friends to Ticketmaster can unlock codes as a reward.
Watch for Promotions
Follow music and concert sites for the latest Ticketmaster code promotions and giveaways.
artists will often share codes directly with fans on their own email lists and social channels.
In summary, Ticketmaster codes provide fan club members, credit card holders, and loyal customers special access to events through presales, offers, and promotions. Registering and properly entering codes on Ticketmaster in time to unlock exclusive ticket allotments is key to successfully getting seats. Persistence and preparation are necessary, but the rewards of discounted tickets and early purchasing access make Ticketmaster codes highly valuable to savvy fans.