Coldplay is one of the most popular and successful bands of the 21st century, selling over 100 million records worldwide. Their most recent Music of the Spheres world tour began in March 2022 and is set to continue through to 2023. With the band playing massive stadium shows, tickets are always in high demand whenever Coldplay goes on tour.
What was the price range for Coldplay tickets in 2022?
For the Music of the Spheres tour in 2022, Coldplay ticket prices have varied depending on the venue and city. Overall, the average ticket price has ranged from around $100 on the low end to over $800 for the best floor seats:
|Average Price Range
|$100 – $200
|$200 – $400
|$400 – $800+
At some of the biggest venues like stadiums, the priciest floor seat tickets have gone for well over $1,000 each on the secondary market.
Cheapest Coldplay tickets
The cheapest tickets available for Coldplay’s 2022 tour have typically been in the upper decks or “nosebleeds” sections. These tickets have started around $100 or less for most shows:
- Chicago, Soldier Field – Upper deck seats starting at $99
- East Rutherford, MetLife Stadium – Upper level seats from $95
- Houston, NRG Stadium – Upper corner seats from $75
While you won’t have the best view from the very top rows, these cheap seats still let you get into a Coldplay show and experience the amazing production, lights, and energy first-hand.
Most expensive Coldplay tickets
For floor seats near the main stage, Coldplay ticket prices have gone well over $1,000 on the secondary market:
- Philadelphia, Lincoln Financial Field – Floor seats reselling for $1,199
- Chicago, Soldier Field – Floor tickets resold for $1,150
- Gillette Stadium, Foxborough MA – Field seats reselling for $1,099
These ultra expensive tickets have been for the first 10-20 rows on the floor, giving you a prime spot right by the catwalk to see Chris Martin and the band up close.
How do Coldplay ticket prices compare to other major artists?
Here’s how Coldplay concert tickets price out compared to other top-grossing tours in 2022:
|Tour Average Ticket Price
|Red Hot Chili Peppers
Coldplay ranks near the top, with average prices surpassing Ed Sheeran but coming in lower than Elton John’s expensive farewell tour. Red Hot Chili Peppers offer a bit more affordable ticket for rock fans.
Some key things that make Coldplay tickets more in demand and pricier than other artists:
- Massive worldwide popularity – Coldplay has topped the charts in dozens of countries
- Elaborate live production – Light shows, confetti, pyrotechnics come at a cost
- Limited tour dates – Coldplay does shorter tours, keeping demand high
That unique combination results in higher average prices for Coldplay tickets versus other big touring acts right now.
Coldplay Vs. Elton John
Two of the biggest concert tours of 2022, Coldplay vs Elton John is a showdown between British rock royalty. While the Rocket Man is ready to bid farewell after 50 years touring, Coldplay still has plenty left in the tank.
Some key differences:
- Scarcity – Elton John’s last ever tour makes tickets hot commodities
- Production – Coldplay has more elaborate stages, lights, and effects
- Set Length – Elton John does shorter 25-song sets vs 30+ songs for Coldplay
While Elton John ticket prices are higher on average, Coldplay delivers more bang for your buck with their spectacular high-tech shows.
Coldplay Vs. Red Hot Chili Peppers
Two veteran bands still rocking stadiums, Coldplay and Red Hot Chili Peppers have been mainstays on the touring circuit for decades. They attract multi-generational fans.
Some key ticket price differences:
- Demand – Coldplay has more mainstream popularity
- Tour Frequency – RHCP tours more often than Coldplay’s occasional outings
- Show Length – Coldplay does marathon 2+ hour shows
Thanks to their broad appeal and spectacular concerts, Coldplay can charge a premium over Red Hot Chili Pepper’s solid but more standard arena show.
Coldplay Vs. Ed Sheeran
Two British pop phenoms, Ed Sheeran and Coldplay have topped the charts and packed stadiums around the globe. They represent different sounds, styles and crowds:
- Pop appeal – Sheeran’s love songs attract more female fans
- Rock vibes – Coldplay attracts more males with their anthems
- Show style – Sheeran delivers raw, solo acoustic shows vs Coldplay’s big production
With more elaborate staging, lighting, and effects, Coldplay ultimately charges higher prices than Ed Sheeran’s more stripped-down concerts.
How do ticket prices compare on primary vs. secondary market?
Coldplay ticket prices can be significantly higher on the secondary resale market compared to the primary market prices:
|Primary Market Price
|Secondary Market Average
Depending on the show, secondary market prices can be 200-300% above face value. The major factors driving up resale prices include:
- High demand – Sold out shows have scarce tickets
- Prime locations – Floor seats resell for 4-5X higher prices
- Third party fees – Sites like StubHub charge buyers 15-20% fees
Buying early on primary sites like Ticketmaster gives access to the lowest prices. But for sold out shows, the secondary market may be the only option.
Tips for finding cheap Coldplay tickets
To get the most affordable Coldplay tickets, here are some top tips for saving money:
- Buy early – Prices go up closer to show dates
- Consider upper level seating – The cheapest seats are in 300 level sections
- Check presales – Sign up for fan club and credit card presales to get early access
- Compare sites – Check major sellers like StubHub, VividSeats, SeatGeek
- Consider solo tickets – Odd number solo seats are often priced lower
Flexibility on locations along with smart shopping around can lead to big savings on Coldplay concert tickets.
How have Coldplay ticket prices trended over time?
Looking back at previous tours, here is how average Coldplay ticket prices have changed over the past 10+ years:
|Average Ticket Price
|Viva La Vida
|A Head Full of Dreams
|Music of the Spheres
Prices have steadily increased over the past decade-plus as Coldplay has filled larger venues. The most recent tour has the highest average ticket price by far, reflecting high demand to see the band’s elaborate new production.
Adjusted for inflation, prices have risen slower than many other rock acts. Overall, Coldplay has delivered strong value to fans with their spectacular live shows over the years.
Future Coldplay ticket price predictions
Predicting future prices is difficult, but here are some estimates:
- 2023 tour extension – Average around $275 if more 2023 dates added
- 2024-2025 tour – Could see averages cross $300 mark
- Next album tour – $350+ averages likely depending on demand
Coldplay has hinted this could be their last big tour for a while, which could drive prices higher for any potential final shows or farewell tour.
Regardless, expect strong demand and higher ticket costs as Coldplay tickets remain a hot commodity in coming years.
Coldplay takes the spectacular concert experience to new heights. For the Music of the Spheres tour, their dazzling production and limited tour dates have driven average ticket prices to over $250.
While cheap seats can start under $100, the best floor seats now cost $1,000 or more. Compared to other top artists, Coldplay prices are on the higher end, reflecting their huge worldwide popularity and state-of-the-art shows.
On the secondary market, prices for sold out Coldplay shows can be 300% or more over face value. But smart shopping techniques can still uncover deals.
As one of the biggest bands in the world, fan demand to see Coldplay remains sky-high. Their ticket costs continue rising faster than inflation on limited tours. Expect strong prices for Coldplay tickets now and into the future.