There are some general guidelines on what can and cannot be brought into Highmark Stadium for concerts and other events:
– Small bags, purses, and clear tote bags are generally allowed. Oversized bags and backpacks are not permitted.
– Food and unopened plastic bottles of non-alcoholic beverages are often allowed, but policies vary by event.
– Alcohol, glass containers, cans, hard-sided coolers, and weapons are prohibited.
– Lawn chairs and large umbrellas are typically not allowed. Small compact umbrellas may be permitted depending on the event.
– Cameras, including DSLR cameras, are usually permitted but video cameras and audio recording devices are generally prohibited without prior approval.
– Smoking, including vaping and e-cigarettes, is not allowed inside the stadium.
The specific policies can vary depending on the concert or event, so it’s always best to check the Highmark Stadium website for the most up-to-date rules before attending. Policies are subject to change at any time at the discretion of the venue and promoter.
Types of Bags Allowed
Highmark Stadium has a clear bag policy that limits the types of bags that can be brought into events. Here are the specific bag types that are typically permitted:
– Must be 4.5″ x 6.5″ or smaller
– Made of clear plastic, vinyl, or PVC
– Can have a handle or strap
– Must be 4.5″ x 6.5″ or smaller
– Does not need to be clear
One-Gallon Clear Plastic Freezer Bags
– Resealable plastic storage bags up to one gallon in size
– Clear plastic without colors or tinting
Clear Tote Bags
– Made of clear plastic, vinyl, or PVC
– 12″ x 12″ x 6″ maximum size
Exceptions are sometimes made for medically necessary items after proper inspection at gates.
Prohibited Bag Types
The following types of bags are generally NOT permitted into Highmark Stadium:
Large Tote Bags
– Exceeding 12″ x 12″ x 6″
Non-Clear Tote Bags
– Opaque bags that are not fully transparent
– Exceptions made for those accompanied by a child
– Separate from cameras/binoculars
Printed Pattern Bags
– Any bag with patterns or logos that impair full transparency
Oversized purses, clutches, or freezer bags exceeding the size limits are also prohibited.
Food and Beverages
Concerts and events at Highmark Stadium often allow attendees to bring in their own food and unopened drinks, but policies can vary. Here are some general guidelines on what is typically permitted:
– Factory sealed bottles of water and soft drinks (up to 20 oz)
– Still bottled water and juices
– Small snack items such as chips, cookies, candy bars
– Non-alcoholic beverages in clear plastic bottles
– Small amounts of food in clear plastic containers
– Cans, glass bottles, or metal containers
– Thermoses or opaque water bottles
– Hard-sided coolers or ice chests
– Opened beverage containers
– Outside alcohol of any kind
Again, it’s best to check the official rules for the specific event before bringing food and drinks to the stadium. Rules are subject to change without notice.
Cameras and Recording Devices
Small cameras are generally allowed into the stadium for concerts and events. Here are the typical camera policies:
– Point and shoot cameras
– Camera phones
– GoPro cameras
– Disposable film cameras
– Small DSLR cameras with a 2-lens max
– Professional photography equipment
– Interchangeable lens cameras with lenses over 6 inches
– Any camera with a detachable lens
– Monopods, tripods, selfie sticks
– Video cameras or camcorders
– Audio recorders like tape recorders or professional microphones
flashes and lighting equipment are also prohibited.
Policies on cameras and recording devices vary by event, so check for any concert-specific rules. In some cases, only camera phones may be permitted.
Other Prohibited Items
For safety and security reasons, the following items are typically NOT allowed into Highmark Stadium:
– Weapons of any kind, including pocket knives
– Firearms, ammunition, pepper spray, mace
– Drones or remote flying devices
– Laser pointers
– Self-defense equipment like batons, tasers, stun guns
– Tobacco products, cigarettes, e-cigarettes, vaping devices
– Recreational drugs or drug paraphernalia
– Helmets, skateboards
– Artwork, signs, or flags on sticks or poles
– Chairs, stools, or stroller wagons
– Inflatable balls, frisbees
– Masks that fully conceal identity
– Large umbrellas that block others’ views
– Any other items deemed dangerous by security
The stadium also prohibits noisemakers like horns, whistles, or bell ringers that could interfere with the show.
Always check the venue’s A-Z Guide and bag policy before an event for a full list of prohibited items subject to change without notice.
Entering the Venue
All guests and their permitted belongings are subject to screening upon entry into Highmark Stadium. Be prepared for the following procedures:
– Present your ticket to be scanned
– Open all bags, coats, and containers for inspection
– Walk through metal detectors
– Allow security staff to conduct bag searches and pat downs
– No firearms or weapons are allowed on the premises
– No re-entry is permitted after exiting the stadium
Gate opening times vary by event. Be sure to arrive early to move through security screenings before the show starts. Lines can often be long right at show time.
Follow all instructions from stadium staff and security personnel during the screening process and at all times during the event. Enjoy the show!
Exceptions and Special Cases
There are certain exceptions and allowances made for medical circumstances and children:
– Medically necessary items including oxygen, insulin, glucose gel, and EpiPens are permitted after thorough inspection. A doctor’s note may be required.
– Infant diaper bags and plastic bottles are allowed for children 2 years and younger.
– For children entering the venue, policies on bags, food, blankets, strollers, and booster seats vary by event. Check ahead of time.
– ADA accommodations are available for guests with disabilities. Contact the stadium in advance to arrange.
Any special circumstances should be communicated with stadium staff at the gates upon arrival. They have discretion to make limited exceptions on a case-by-case basis.
During the COVID-19 pandemic, additional safety guidelines and protocols may be in effect at Highmark Stadium:
– Masks or facial coverings may be required especially when entering, exiting, or moving around the stadium.
– Proof of full vaccination or negative COVID-19 test results might be mandatory for entry.
– Distancing and capacity limits could be enforced on the concourses and seating areas.
– Increased sanitation procedures may be implemented within the stadium.
– Event staff could conduct temperature screenings at entry gates.
– Policies are subject to change based on the latest public health recommendations.
Check the venue website for the latest COVID-19 protocols before traveling to a game or event. Have masks, proof of vaccination, test results, and ID ready if required.
Highmark Stadium has strict policies on bags, food, cameras, and other items that guests may bring into events. Prohibited items include alcohol, weapons, professional photography equipment, hard-sided coolers, and large bags. Permitted items include factory-sealed drinks and snacks, small clutch purses, and compact cameras. All guests and bags are subject to screening upon entry. Special accommodations can be made in limited cases. COVID-19 guidelines may also be in effect. Check the stadium’s website before attending any concert or event for a full list of up-to-date venue policies. Knowing what you can and cannot bring inside in advance will ensure a smooth entry process.