Yes, Ticketmaster does offer a membership program called Ticketmaster Rewards. This program allows members to earn points and unlock benefits like presale ticket access, upgrades, and more. There are a few different tiers to the Ticketmaster Rewards program, each with their own set of perks.
Ticketmaster Rewards Membership Overview
Ticketmaster Rewards has three membership levels – Basic, Plus, and Premier. Each level requires a certain number of points to unlock and comes with various benefits. Here’s an overview of each tier:
- Basic – Free to join, just create an account. Earn points by purchasing tickets and get access to some presales.
- Plus – Requires 500 points annually. All Basic benefits plus more presale access, dedicated customer support, and exclusive offers.
- Premier – Requires 1500 points annually. All Basic and Plus benefits plus the best presale selection, VIP packages, ticket upgrades, and more.
Points can be earned in a few different ways on Ticketmaster Rewards:
- Purchasing tickets – Members earn 5 points per ticket bought through Ticketmaster.
- Referring friends – Referring friends to sign up earns 500 points.
- Completing activities – Things like taking surveys, checking in at events, and more activities can earn points.
- Bonus points – Occasional bonus point offers for purchases, referrals, etc.
Points expire one year after they are earned if the member doesn’t meet the renewal requirements. To maintain Plus status, 500 points are needed annually. For Premier, 1500 points are required. Unused points roll over year to year as long as renewal requirements are met.
Now let’s take a look at some of the key benefits unlocked at each Ticketmaster Rewards tier:
Basic Membership Perks
- Access to select presales – Gives members first access to tickets before the general public for some events.
- Digital Ticket Management – Store, transfer, sell, and manage tickets digitally.
- Earn 5 points per ticket – Accumulate points to unlock higher status tiers.
Plus Membership Perks
- More presales – Access to a wider selection of presale events.
- Dedicated customer support – Priority access to customer service for faster assistance.
- Exclusive offers – Special deals and discounts only for Plus members.
- All Basic benefits
Premier Membership Perks
- Best presale access – First access to most presales for top events.
- VIP packages – Special VIP experiences like meet and greets.
- Ticket upgrades – Upgrade seating options.
- Dedicated concierge – Personal ticketing expert for all your needs.
- All Basic and Plus benefits
Is Ticketmaster Rewards Worth It?
Whether or not Ticketmaster Rewards is worth joining depends on how often you buy tickets and your desire to access presales and other perks. Here are some key things to consider:
- Casual buyers may just want Basic for some presales. Power buyers will maximize Premier perks.
- The more tickets you buy, the faster you’ll rack up points and benefits.
- Presale access is a major perk, especially for hot shows that sell out fast.
- Upgrades and VIP access is best for premium experience seekers.
- Make sure you’ll earn enough points annually to maintain your desired status tier.
For frequent concertgoers, sports fans, and theater lovers who want early access to in-demand tickets, Ticketmaster Rewards can provide great value. Occasional ticket buyers may just want the free Basic tier. Evaluate your ticket buying habits and needs to decide if investing in a paid tier is worthwhile.
Joining Ticketmaster Rewards
Signing up for a Ticketmaster Rewards membership is simple and free. Here are the steps to get started:
- Go to ticketmaster.com and click “Sign In” or “My Account” in the top right.
- Click the option to join Ticketmaster Rewards.
- Provide some basic contact info and agree to the terms.
- Your account will now be set up at the Basic level.
- Download the Ticketmaster app and connect your account to start earning points.
To upgrade to a paid Plus or Premier status, you’ll need to accumulate the required points first. Once you meet the point threshold, paid memberships can be purchased on an annual basis to maintain your status and benefits.
Maximizing Your Membership
Here are some tips to get the most out of your Ticketmaster Rewards membership:
- Connect your Ticketmaster account to live entertainment partners like the NFL, WWE, and more to unlock additional point-earning opportunities.
- Use the Ticketmaster app and website as much as possible when buying tickets to maximize points.
- Take advantage of presales, especially for hot shows that will sell out quickly.
- Refer friends to sign up using your custom referral link.
- Participate in surveys, check-ins, and other activities for extra points.
- Use your concierge and dedicated support contacts for personalized assistance.
Setting reminders to renew your status each year will help retain your membership level and unused points. Also, take advantage of any bonus point promotions that may be offered. Consistent ticket buying activity through your Ticketmaster account is the best way to maximize the value you get from the rewards program.
Downsides of Ticketmaster Rewards
While the program does offer nice perks, there are some potential downsides to consider as well:
- It encourages loyalty to Ticketmaster over competitors.
- You need to actively earn points to maintain status, which has a cost.
- Tickets bought from resellers don’t earn points.
- Presales don’t always have inventory for hot shows.
- Upcharges can add fees beyond base ticket prices.
Make sure the time and money required to earn points fits your budget and needs. And some events may still sell out quickly even with presale access. Evaluate both the pros and cons before committing to an upgraded paid tier.
Cancelling Your Membership
Ticketmaster Rewards can be cancelled at any time by contacting Ticketmaster Customer Service. Here’s what you need to know about cancellation:
- Basic membership requires no cancellation since it’s free.
- Paid memberships are non-refundable if cancelled mid-term.
- Status and benefits are revoked immediately upon cancellation.
- Points and recent activity will be forfeited and wiped from your account.
- To avoid losing points, it’s best not to cancel until your renewal date.
So if you foresee not using your Ticketmaster Rewards membership long-term, you may want to avoid upgrading to a paid tier. Downgrading or cancelling will result in losing any accumulated points and perks. Evaluate your plans carefully before investing in a Premium or Premier status level.
The Bottom Line
Ticketmaster Rewards can provide nice benefits for avid live event fans who frequently purchase tickets. The program enables members to unlock presales, upgrades, VIP access, and other perks through points earned on Ticketmaster. More casual buyers may be better off just using the free Basic membership for select presale opportunities. Consider your ticket buying habits to determine if a paid tier is worth the time and money needed to maximize the available benefits.