Drake is one of the biggest musical artists in the world right now, with hits like “God’s Plan,” “Hotline Bling,” and “One Dance” dominating the charts over the past several years. As a result, whenever he announces a new tour, it’s a huge deal that creates a lot of buzz and excitement among music fans.
Currently, there has been speculation that Drake may be planning a tour of the United States soon. However, no official announcement has been made yet by Drake or his management regarding a new tour. In this article, we’ll break down the evidence around whether or not Drake is likely to embark on a US tour sometime soon.
Drake’s Touring History
Looking back at Drake’s touring activity over the past decade gives us some clues about how often he has gone on tour and where. Here is a quick overview of Drake’s major tours over the years:
|Away from Home Tour
|United Kingdom, United States
|Club Paradise Tour
|United States, Canada
|Would You Like A Tour?
|United States, Europe, Canada
|United States, Canada
|Boy Meets World Tour
|Europe, United States, Canada, Australia, New Zealand
|Assassination Vacation Tour
|United Kingdom, Europe, Canada, United States
As we can see, Drake has consistently toured about every 1-3 years over the past decade. The tours have focused heavily on the United States and Canada, with some additional stops in Europe. His most recent full concert tour was the Assassination Vacation Tour in 2019.
Drake’s Recent Hints About Touring
Lately, Drake has been dropping some hints that he may be gearing up for another concert tour soon. Here are some of the key clues:
– In an April 2022 interview, Drake said he hoped to start touring by the end of 2022 after finishing his next album. He specifically mentioned wanting to tour in America.
– In May 2022, Drake announced he would be releasing a new album called ‘Honestly, Nevermind’ in the summer of 2022. This sparked rumors that a new tour would follow in support of the album.
– In July 2022, Drake announced the October World Weekend music festival in his hometown of Toronto. While not a full tour, this did indicate Drake was planning to headline some live shows again.
– In September 2022, Drake did an interview hinting that a proper tour would start in early 2023, saying he wanted to “make sure the album is ready before we hit the road.”
Analysis of Likelihood of a US Drake Tour Soon
Looking at all these factors, it seems highly likely that Drake will launch a major US tour in 2023. Here’s a quick breakdown of why:
– It’s been over 3 years since his last proper tour, a typical gap between Drake tours.
– Drake himself has suggested in interviews that he wants to tour the US soon after dropping his latest album.
– Holding the October World Weekend festival suggests he is ready to perform live again.
– Starting the tour in early 2023 would follow the typical album-tour release pattern Drake has followed in the past.
Of course, there are always factors that could potentially interfere with tour plans. A few potential hurdles that could delay a Drake US tour include:
– If Drake decides to finish more new music first before touring. He is known for dropping new songs and projects fairly often.
– Covid-19 implications and tour logistics. Large arena tours require massive coordination that could get impacted.
– Personal reasons causing Drake to reconsider the timing. Major tours also require a huge commitment.
However, none of these seem likely to derail tour plans entirely based on what Drake has indicated.
When Will Drake Tour the US?
Though nothing is confirmed yet, early 2023 seems the most plausible target for a Drake US tour announcement based on his history and recent hints. Some potential windows for a Drake 2023 US tour include:
– Spring 2023 – March/April would be a good window before summer festival season gets going. Allows time to finish album first.
– Fall 2023 – September through November is also wide open and would follow the same season as his 2019 tour.
– Summer 2023 – Doing a June/July arena tour is possible but less likely with so many festivals then.
Our prediction is that Drake will likely announce a major US tour in either spring or fall 2023. Cities like New York, Chicago, Houston, Oakland, Miami, Atlanta, and Los Angeles seem very probable stops for a Drake tour. Again, nothing is official yet – but all signs point to Drake hitting the road for a US tour sometime in 2023!
Based on looking at Drake’s touring history, his recent comments, and typical album cycles, it seems very probable that Drake will launch a major concert tour across the United States at some point in 2023. Though nothing is confirmed officially yet, all signs point to Drake likely announcing a US tour in either spring or fall 2023. This would follow the release of his ‘Honestly, Nevermind’ album in summer 2022.
Of course, details could change depending on Drake’s musical plans and other factors. But the pattern and evidence strongly suggests Drake hitting the road for a US tour in 2023. This would undoubtedly be a huge concert event given Drake’s popularity and rabid fanbase. Music fans should keep their eyes peeled for an official Drake tour announcement likely coming sometime in early 2023!