Going to a Chivas soccer game is an exciting experience for any sports fan. Chivas is one of the most popular and successful clubs in Liga MX, Mexico’s top professional soccer league. Their home stadium, Estadio Akron in Guadalajara, is renowned for its electric atmosphere. As one of Mexico’s most beloved teams, Chivas games often sell out quickly. Therefore, it’s important to plan ahead and purchase tickets well in advance of the match you want to attend.
In this comprehensive guide, we’ll walk you through everything you need to know to buy tickets to see Chivas play. We’ll cover when and where to buy tickets, the different seating options available, and tips and tricks to get the best deal on Chivas tickets. Whether you’re a die-hard Chivas fan or just want to experience the incredible energy of a Liga MX match, this guide will equip you with the info you need to secure seats. So let’s get started!
When to Buy Chivas Tickets
The first key step is knowing the best times to purchase Chivas tickets to ensure you can get seats to the games you want to attend. Here are some tips on optimal times to buy:
– As soon as the schedule is announced – Chivas releases their schedule of home games a couple months prior to the start of the Liga MX season. As soon as it’s available, look it over and decide which games you want to go to. Purchase your tickets right when they first go on sale to have the best selection of seats.
– Before individual match tickets go on sale – Season ticket holders get the first opportunity to purchase additional single game tickets. Buying tickets during the season ticket holder presale gives you early access before the general public onsale.
– Midweek/less major matchups – Games against less popular opponents or that take place midweek tend to be easier to get tickets for than weekend matches or rivalry games. Purchase tickets to these matches if you want a better chance of getting seats together.
– At least a month in advance – To ensure you can get tickets together for you and your group, aim to buy at least 4-6 weeks in advance. Less in-demand games you may be able to purchase closer to matchday.
Buying well before the match you want to attend will give you the most options and best chance at securing seats before they sell out. Avoid waiting until the last minute!
Where to Buy Tickets
There are a few different options for where to purchase Chivas tickets. Here are some of the main avenues and pros/cons of each:
The easiest and most direct way to buy tickets is through the official Chivas website. Here are some key things to know:
– Secure and official source directly from the club
– Allows you to select exact seating section/row/seat numbers
– Only available matches will be on sale
– May charge service fees per ticket
Buying directly through the Chivas site gives you peace of mind you’re getting valid tickets. The interactive seat maps help you evaluate sightlines too. Just be aware of any potential fees they may charge on top of the ticket price itself.
Third Party Ticketing Sites
Ticket reseller websites like StubHub and Vivid Seats also sell tickets to Chivas games. The pros and cons:
– Wider selection of tickets for both sold out and available games
– Potential to find cheaper tickets than face value
– Less ability to select specific seats/locations
– Higher risk of fraud or invalid tickets
Sites like StubHub can be great for finding last minute tickets at a potentially discounted cost. However, be cautious of counterfeit tickets and make sure to buy from reputable sellers only. The lack of control over seating location is also a downside.
Gameday Box Office
You can also purchase tickets in person at the Estadio Akron box office on the day of the match. Here’s what to expect:
– No fees if paying with cash
– Only remaining tickets will be on sale
– Very limited ticket availability
– Must physically go to the stadium
Purchasing tickets at the stadium box office only makes sense if you want to take your chances on whatever remaining seats are still available near match time. Don’t count on finding tickets for high demand games by waiting to buy at the box office.
Overall, I recommend purchasing directly through the Chivas website once tickets go on sale to the general public. This ensures you’re getting valid tickets while having the most options for choosing your seats.
Types of Tickets Available
Chivas offers several seating options and ticket types to choose from. Here’s an overview of the major areas and ticket selections:
Estadio Akron has three main seating sections fans can purchase tickets in:
– General Admission – These open standing room only areas are behind the goals. They are the most affordable option but don’t have reserved spots.
– Lower Level Seats – The lower bowl has reserved seating that wraps around the playing field. These offer closer views than upper sections.
– Upper Level Seats – The second tier above the lower level features the cheapest reserved seats. Views are farther away but more elevated.
Lower level tickets offer the closest vantage point and best views. But upper sections are still decent seats and typically the most budget friendly option. General admission allows you to get in for cheap, though your viewing experience will depend on when you arrive.
East and West Sides
The stadium is divided into east and west sections lengthwise along the pitch. When selecting seats, consider:
– West Side – Sits opposite of the team benches and has better views of the home team attacking toward the north goal in the second half. More expensive.
– East Side – Behind team benches which can obstruct views. Allows you to see the players up close as they come on and off the field. More affordable seating.
West side tickets generally provide a better viewing perspective and closer sight lines. But east side seats let you witness the player interactions on the bench up close.
For premium amenities, consider club seating options:
– Suites – Private enclosed luxury suites with premium included food/beverage. Seats groups of 15-25 people. Most expensive ticket type.
– Club Seats – Padded seats in a club lounge area with upgraded concession access. Middle price point between standard and suite tickets.
Club seating areas provide an exclusive VIP experience with food/drink service and nicer amenities. These tend to sell out the fastest and cost more than regular tickets.
Individual vs. Group Tickets
You can purchase tickets just for yourself or in bulk for a group:
– Individual Tickets – Buy seats just for yourself or another person. More flexibility to choose specific locations.
– Group Tickets – Allows you to select a block of multiple seats all together. Ideal for families, parties, or other large groups sitting as a unit. Quantity discount pricing.
Buying individual tickets gives you maximum choice over seating location. Group tickets help keep your entire party together and may cost less overall the more you purchase.
Evaluate how many people are attending and your seating priorities to decide between individual or group ticket purchase. Larger groups will likely want a group block.
Comparing Ticket Prices
Ticket prices for Chivas games can vary considerably based on factors like:
– Opponent – Games against top rivals like Club America tend to be higher demand and more expensive. Matches against less popular teams have lower prices.
– Day and Time – Weekend and night games are in peak demand and cost more. Midweek day games often have cheaper ticket costs.
– Location – Lower level and midfield/center sections command the highest costs. Upper level and end zone areas tend to be most affordable.
– Current Team Performance – Prices rise when the team is excelling and drop during poorer runs of form.
– Stage of Season – Early season and group stage matches are cheaper than late season and playoff games.
To find the best ticket values, look for midweek games against lesser opponents earlier in the season. Avoid primetime rivalry clashes if cost is a concern.
Average Ticket Prices
To give you a sense of typical costs, here are approximate price ranges:
– General Admission – 150-300 pesos ($8-$15 USD)
– Upper Level Sideline – 250-600 pesos ($13-$30 USD)
– Lower Level Sideline – 500-1,200 pesos ($25-$60 USD)
– Lower Level Midfield – 800-2,000+ pesos ($40-$100+ USD)
– Club Seating – 1,500+ pesos ($75+ USD)
– Suites – 5,000+ pesos ($250+ USD)
These prices can fluctuate but provide a general idea of average ranges by section. Special games and high demand will increase costs.
When purchasing tickets, keep timing factors in mind:
– Game Start Time – Afternoon and day games are more family-friendly. Night games have more lively crowds.
– Travel Time – Arrive early to enjoy the atmosphere. Allow extra time getting in and out for sellout crowds.
– Weather – Afternoon games can be very hot. Carry water and wear sunscreen!
– Holidays/Special Events – Prices may rise and availability drops for major holidays, Mexican national team games at the same venue, concerts, etc.
Think about kickoff time, getting through traffic, and other timing nuances when buying your tickets. For your comfort and convenience, plan ahead!
Buying Tips to Get the Best Deal
Use these tips to help find affordable pricing and great seat locations:
– Buy early – Prices typically rise as it gets closer to gameday. Buying early maximizes choices.
– Check for promos – The team may offer special discounted ticket deals on their website leading up to matches.
– Avoid fees – Purchase directly from the team when possible to dodge processing fees from resellers.
– Compare sites – Third party resellers sometimes have cheaper last minute tickets if you comparison shop.
– Buy upper level – The highest rows have the cheapest reserved seat pricing.
– Choose corner sections – Areas in the corner and end zones are typically more affordable than mid sections.
– Pick a weeknight – Midweek games are lower demand than weekend matches.
– Buy group rate – Blocks of 10+ tickets often unlock discounted bulk pricing.
Following the above tips will help you pay the lowest price while still getting to see Chivas play live!
Chivas utilizes mobile ticketing where your tickets are 100% digital and accessible on your smartphone. Here’s what you need to know:
– Download the Official Chivas App – The team app allows you to store, access, and scan your tickets off your phone. Be sure to install it!
– Activate Your Tickets – Through the app, activate the barcode at least 2 hours before match time to sync it for entry.
– Charge Your Phone – Bring a fully charged phone battery and consider a backup charger case to ensure you’ll have working ticket access.
– Add to Apple Wallet/Google Pay – This allows hands-free scanning at the stadium gate by adding your activated ticket to your digital wallet.
– Check Mobile Signals – Ensure your mobile provider has solid LTE data coverage at the stadium so you can pull up tickets.
– Bring ID – Bring a photo ID matching the ticket purchaser name as backup in case of any mobile ticketing issues.
As long as your phone is charged with a solid signal, accessing your tickets through the Chivas app is very convenient. Just make sure you take steps before reaching the stadium to get set up for entry.
Gameday at Estadio Akron
Here are some gameday tips for the ultimate experience at Estadio Akron:
Give yourself plenty of time to get through parking and stadium entry lines. Gates open 90 minutes before kickoff, so come early to soak in the atmosphere!
Entering the Stadium
Have your mobile ticket ready to scan on your phone screen or in your Apple/Google wallet. Be prepared to show your ID if requested and walk through security checkpoints.
Find Your Seats
Use the section/gate signs to locate and get to your seating section. Ushers can assist you in finding the specific row and seat numbers too.
Try the Food
Check out the concession stands for tasty local fare like tacos, churros, tortas, and more. Try some authentic Mexican cuisine while you watch the game!
Sing, chant, and yell to cheer on Chivas alongside the boisterous crowds. Bring noisemakers if you want, just no airhorns or fireworks.
Take photos and videos to remember the experience, just be considerate of others’ views. Great moments to capture include goals, chants/celebrations, and awesome game action!
Following the tips above will set you up for an unforgettable experience at the stadium cheering on your Chivas team!
Buying Chivas Tickets as a Tourist
For visitors coming to Mexico, here are some extra tips to get Chivas tickets:
– Check Visa Requirements – Some nationalities like the US can visit Mexico without any special visa. Double check you have proper documentation.
– Book Local Accommodations – Find hotels or short-term rentals near Guadalajara to stay close to the stadium.
– Factor in Transportation – Decide if you’ll use taxis, public transit, or a rental car to get around on matchday. Leave ample time for travel.
– Look for Travel Packages – Many tour operators offer bundled deals including match tickets, hotels, and even ground transportation.
– Purchase in Advance – As a foreigner, you likely can’t access the local presales. Buying early ensures you get tickets.
– Download a Translation App – Apps like Google Translate can help you navigate purchasing tickets in Spanish if you don’t know the language.
With the right planning as an international visitor, you can securely buy tickets and have an amazing time cheering on Chivas in Mexico!
Hopefully this guide gave you all the details you need to feel prepared purchasing tickets to see Chivas play live at Estadio Akron. Going to a game is a memory you’ll cherish forever as a soccer fan. By buying tickets early, understanding your seating options, and looking for deals, you can get great affordable seats to matches you’ll enjoy. Have an incredible experience watching Chivas compete against Liga MX rivals in one of Mexico’s most renowned and raucous stadium environments. ¡Vamos Chivas!