The NBA Paris Game is an annual regular season NBA game played in Paris, France. The first NBA Paris Game was played in 2010 and has occurred every year since, with the exception of 2021 due to the COVID-19 pandemic. The game features some of the biggest stars and teams in the NBA. It provides European NBA fans with a chance to see the best basketball players in the world up close.
For the 2023 game, the Chicago Bulls will face the Detroit Pistons at Accor Arena on January 19th. With big name players like DeMar DeRozan, Zach LaVine and Cade Cunningham slated to play, demand for tickets will be high. Here is a guide on how to get tickets to the 2023 NBA Paris Game:
When do tickets go on sale?
Tickets for the general public went on sale on October 12, 2022 through the NBA Paris website. There was also an exclusive presale for French Basket Association members earlier. At this point, many tickets have already been purchased. But there are still opportunities to get seats, especially if you act quickly.
Buy from the official source
The best way to ensure you are getting legitimate tickets is to buy them directly from the NBA. You can purchase tickets through the official NBA Paris website (https://www.nbaparis.com/en/). Here are the steps:
- Go to https://www.nbaparis.com/en/ and click on “Buy Tickets”
- Select the number of tickets you want to purchase
- Pick your preferred section/seat location
- Enter your payment information and complete the transaction
The NBA site has an interactive seat map that allows you to see views from different sections. Sections 116-118 and 214-216 are prime courtside spots closest to the action. But seats anywhere in the lower bowl provide great views.
Check ticket resale sites
If you missed out on tickets from the NBA site, check major ticket resale platforms like Viagogo, StubHub and Ticketmaster. These sites allow people who previously bought tickets to sell them at market-driven prices. This is a reliable way to still get seats, but generally at an upcharge from face value. Some tips when buying resale:
– Sort by price to find best deals
– Filter search for lower bowl or courtside seats
– Carefully review ticket details and seller ratings
– Confirm tickets prior to paying
Here are direct links to search for NBA Paris Game tickets on resale sites:
- Viagogo: https://www.viagogo.com/basketball/nbaparis/2023
- StubHub: https://www.stubhub.com/nba-paris-game-tickets/
- Ticketmaster Resale: https://www.ticketmaster.fr/nba-paris-game-billets/artist/2612975
Use ticket reseller sites
Sites like StubHub and Viagogo work directly with ticket holders. There are also many ticket reseller marketplaces where you buy from individual sellers. These include TicketSwap, SeatGeek and Gametime.
These platforms connect you to people unable to attend the game and looking to sell extra tickets. The selection is not as robust as major resale sites, but you can sometimes find good deals. Be sure to vet seller reviews and purchase with buyer protections.
Join fan ticket groups
Diehard NBA fans often connect online to buy and sell tickets. Join fan groups on Facebook or Reddit dedicated to the NBA Paris Game. Members will post when they have extra tickets to share. You can also make an ISO (“in search of”) post requesting tickets.
Some fan groups to join:
- NBA Paris 2023 Game Tickets Facebook Group
- r/NBAParis2023Tickets subreddit
Leveraging fan communities increases your chance to get tickets at face value. But always use caution when purchasing from strangers online.
Buy ticket and travel packages
Several sports travel providers offer ticket and travel bundles for the NBA Paris Game. Packages combine game seats with flights, hotels, tours and other perks. Prices are higher, but this takes the guesswork out of planning a trip. Some reputable providers include:
- Sports Traveler Tours
- Fanatics Breaks
- JetSet Sports
Browse different package options to find one in your budget. Keep in mind cheaper upper level seats tend to sell out first.
Follow the teams
The Chicago Bulls and Detroit Pistons may release special ticket presales, giveaways or promotions since they are the home teams. Follow the teams on social media and sign up for email newsletters to stay updated on any special opportunities.
When to Buy
Act quickly if you still hope to buy tickets. Over half of the arena capacity has likely already been sold. As the event gets closer, remaining seats will become more scarce and expensive.
Aim to purchase tickets at least 2-3 weeks in advance if possible. Here are some general guidelines on when to buy:
|Time Before Game
|2+ months early
|Take advantage of presales and special promotions from the teams
|1-2 months early
|Buy directly from the NBA for best seat selection
|2-4 weeks early
|Shop resale sites and fan exchanges for deals
|Be flexible on seating for last minute purchases
Of course, it’s possible good tickets will remain available up until game time. But prices typically increase exponentially on secondary markets leading up to the event.
Where to Sit
Accor Arena has a seating capacity of 15,000 for NBA games. The floor and lower bowl offer the closest views of the court. But there are good vantages from all levels. Here is an overview of the different seating sections:
Courtside seats in the first 5-10 rows put you right next to the team benches. You’ll be just feet from the players and coaches – close enough to hear plays being called and shoes squeaking on the floor. These ultra premium seats generally sell out immediately. Expect to pay over $1,000 per ticket.
The lower bowl has riser seating in the 100 and 200 sections wrapping around the courtside seats. Even the last rows are fairly close to the court compared to upper levels. Lower bowl tickets will cost between $150-$500 depending on row.
The upper bowl 300 sections have the most tickets available at cheaper price points. Seats here run from around $60 on the ends to $100 for prime midcourt views. No matter where you sit, you’ll have an elevated sightline of the full court.
If you just want in the building, standing room tickets are sold for space at the back around the concourse. You’ll be farthest from the action but can move around for different views. These are typically the cheapest tickets under $100.
ADA seats are available to fans with disabilities and mobility issues. These include wheelchair spots, transfer seats and seats with removable armrests. Contact the arena ahead of time to request accessible seating.
How Much Do Tickets Cost?
Ticket prices for the NBA Paris Game span a wide range, but generally average in the $100-$300 range. Here are the typical costs for different areas in the arena:
|Average Price Range
|$1,000+ per ticket
|$150-$500 per ticket
|$60-$150 per ticket
Factors like row, seat location and which teams are playing impact specific ticket prices. Plains like Bulls vs Pistons are typically cheaper than marquee matchups.
Prices also fluctuate on the secondary market leading up to the event. Earlier buyers generally get better deals. Expect markups of 50% or more over face value on resale sites close to game day.
Tips for Getting Cheap Tickets
While the NBA Paris Game is a hot ticket, here are some strategies for finding affordable seats:
- Buy upper bowl tickets – the highest sections are more budget friendly
- Avoid courtside and central lower bowl seats – the most expensive areas
- Buy corner or baseline seats – typically cheaper than midcourt
- Wait until the last minute – prices tend to drop as sellers scramble to unload tickets
- Split the cost – go in on tickets with friends and split the bill
Shop around across multiple sites and exchanges to find the lowest prices on comparable seat locations. Flexible dates also help if you can attend on a weekday versus weekend.
While scouting deals, be vigilant about avoiding ticket scams. Only buy from reputable sellers and platforms with buyer protections.
How to Get the Best Seats
Beyond just getting in the door, here are some tips for securing the best views:
- Buy during presales to access seats before the general public
- Register for team and arena promotions that give seat upgrades
- Join the NBA Paris Game newsletter for presale codes
- Purchase a fan or tourism package that includes premium seats
- Book a luxury suite for a private experience
- Splurge on lowest rows if budget allows
Research seat views before buying. Sections 115-118 offer the most coveted lower bowl spots closest to midcourt. Upper deck rows 15-20 are also great budget options with clean sightlines.
Top Tips for Buying
Use these top tips when buying NBA Paris Game tickets:
- Buy early once tickets go on sale
- Be flexible on seating location to get the best value
- Check team and arena sites for special deals
- Vet all secondary market sellers thoroughly before purchasing tickets
- Read the fine print so you understand ticket transfer policies
- Confirm your tickets right after purchasing and before travel
- Register purchased tickets under your name for security
- Have a backup plan in case ticket issues arise
The NBA Paris Game tends to sell out every year. Avoid getting shut out by acting fast when tickets become available. But also take time to carefully review all ticket details before finalizing a purchase.
Enjoying the NBA Paris Game Experience
Once you secure seats, you can look forward to an amazing NBA atmosphere in Paris. Here are some tips for enjoying game day:
- Arrive early – crowds and lines will be large
- Check the arena bag policy – only certain sizes allowed
- Download your tickets to your phone in advance if possible
- Bring earplugs if loud noises bother you
- Wear comfortable shoes and layers for indoor conditions
- Eat before or bring snacks – arena food is expensive
- Take public transportation – parking is limited
- Charge your phone but enjoy the live experience
- Soak in the energy of 20,000 excited basketball fans!
The exceptional skill and athleticism witnessed at an NBA game is even more special experienced live in person. Follow these guidelines to make the NBA Paris Game a smooth and memorable event.
The 2023 NBA Paris Game between the Bulls and Pistons is shaping up to be a hot ticket. While many seats have already been purchased, tickets are still available if you act fast. Avoid ticket scams and high markups by buying directly from the source. Sit lower bowl for a prime experience, or upper deck to save money. This guide provided tips to secure tickets at the best prices and enjoy the electric atmosphere at the NBA’s annual Paris showcase.