Lana Del Rey is one of the most popular and acclaimed artists of the past decade. Since breaking through with her major label debut album Born to Die in 2012, she has released a string of hit albums and singles, developing a dedicated fanbase drawn to her cinematic brand of melancholic pop. Her live shows are highly anticipated events for fans, but with her rise in popularity in recent years, Lana Del Rey tickets have also become increasingly expensive and difficult to get hold of. This article will examine the typical pricing and availability of Lana Del Rey concert tickets, looking at average ticket costs over her last few tours as well as strategies and tips for getting the best deal on tickets.
Brief Overview of Lana Del Rey’s Concert Tours
Lana Del Rey has toured extensively since her debut, with increasingly longer and more elaborate tours over the years as her popularity has grown. Some key tours include:
- Born to Die Tour (2012) – Del Rey’s first major tour visiting North America, Europe and Asia in support of her debut album Born to Die. Playing to packed clubs and theaters, tickets cost an average of $60.
- Paradise Tour (2013) – A short run of theater shows in support of her Paradise EP, tickets averaged around $75.
- The Endless Summer Tour (2015) – Del Rey’s first big worldwide arena tour, playing to larger crowds in support of her album Ultraviolence. Tickets averaged $125.
- LA to the Moon Tour (2018) – Del Rey’s largest tour staging elaborate sets and production. Saw a big jump in ticket prices, averaging $175.
- The Norman Fucking Rockwell! Tour (2019-2020) – Her most recent tour in support of the album Norman Fucking Rockwell!. Ticket prices averaged around $150.
As we can see, average ticket prices for Lana Del Rey shows have steadily increased over the years as her stardom has grown and her tours have become larger in scale. While early tours saw tickets in the $60-$75 range, her last few major arena tours have seen average ticket prices in the $150-$175 range. Let’s look in more detail at what to expect for ticket pricing and availability on her next tour.
Pricing for Upcoming Lana Del Rey Tour
Lana Del Rey has not announced a tour in support of her upcoming 2021 album Chemtrails Over the Country Club yet. However, when the tour is announced, we can make some educated guesses at what pricing might look like based on the trajectory of her last few tours. Some pricing factors to consider:
- Venue Size – As Del Rey has grown in popularity, she has shifted from playing smaller clubs and theaters to major arenas. Bigger venues mean more tickets available, but also more demand.
- Production – Her last tour LA to the Moon featured elaborate staging and visuals. A similarly spectacular production for her next tour could raise prices further.
- Ticket Demand – Del Rey’s popularity continues to grow, and her fans are devout. Expect high demand on the next tour that could drive up resale prices.
Taking these factors into account, a reasonable estimate for her next tour would be an average ticket price of around $200. For large market shows in major cities like New York and Los Angeles, it would not be surprising to see prime tickets going for upwards of $400-$500. Del Rey has reached the level of a major arena headliner, so the days of $60-$75 cheap seats are likely behind us for now. Fans hoping to get access to her next tour should be prepared to pay a premium compared to her early tours.
Tips for Getting the Best Ticket Price
While Lana Del Rey ticket prices have certainly risen in recent years, there are still some strategies fans can use to try and secure tickets for the best possible prices:
- Buy pre-sale – Many artists offer pre-sale opportunities for fans to purchase tickets before the general public on-sale. This gives fans first crack at securing tickets before demand drives up prices.
- Target lower bowl sections – The most expensive tickets are usually the lower bowl sections closest to the stage. Opting for upper level or higher row seats in lower sections can save substantially.
- Avoid resale markets at first – Sites like StubHub can have massively inflated resale prices. Buying directly from the venue or artist pre-sale gives you face value prices.
- Shop around – Don’t settle for the first price you see. Check multiple sites to find the best deal on comparable seat locations.
- Buy in pairs – If buying solo, consider buying two tickets in a pair. Pairs often have lower dynamic pricing than single odd-numbered purchases.
While prices have gone up, being smart about when, where, and how you buy tickets can still help fans secure seats at the best prices. Savvy concertgoers who do their research should still be able to find reasonably priced Lana Del Rey tickets on her upcoming tours.
Average Ticket Prices by City
Ticket prices for Lana Del Rey vary from city to city based on factors like market size and venue capacity. Here is a table of estimated average ticket prices for shows in selected major US cities:
|Average Ticket Price
As you can see, the largest markets like New York and Los Angeles command the highest prices given the high levels of demand. Secondary markets like Phoenix see lower average prices across all ticket types. Fans who have flexibility on which shows to attend can look for lower-priced dates in smaller markets.
Past Face Value Prices
To get a historical picture of how Lana Del Rey ticket prices have progressed, here is a sample of average face value prices for shows on her last major tour in 2018:
|Average Ticket Price
|Little Caesars Arena
|Capital One Arena
These prices show that even within the same tour, ticket face values can range widely depending on the market. Comparing past face value prices to current secondary market prices gives fans a better sense of the true ticket value.
When to Buy Lana Del Rey Tickets
Timing your ticket purchase strategically can also help save money. Here are some tips on when to shop for the best deals:
- Pre-sales – Purchase during pre-sales like artist fan club or credit card holder pre-sales before tickets go on sale to the general public.
- On-sale date – Prices usually start high on the general on-sale date and then decline over the next few weeks as initial demand dies down.
- 1-2 months out – This window from a couple months before the show to a few weeks out is often when the best deals can be found.
- 1-2 weeks out – Prices often rebound for the final stretch as casual fans start making last minute purchases.
- Day of show – Last minute deals can sometimes be found on the day of as sellers unload extras below market rates.
Timing your Lana Del Rey ticket purchase strategically based on these trends can help find seats while avoiding high mark-ups. Set price alerts and check regularly about 2 months out from the show date for potential deals.
How Venue Impacts Price
Beyond city and timing, the specific venue hosting the event also impacts pricing. Lana Del Rey often plays a mix of different venues that can vary substantially in both capacity and average price levels:
- Arenas – Large venues seating 15,000-20,000 with the cheapest seats but highest overall ticket sales revenue.
- Amphitheaters – Outdoor venues seating 5,000-15,000, often with steeper ticket prices.
- Theaters – Smaller indoor venues under 5,000 seats with quick sell-outs and lower supply. Higher overall prices.
When looking at buying tickets, it helps to understand how each venue type differs. Arenas have more affordable options with upper deck seating while theaters sell out quickly with fewer seats available. Compare tour stops to see if she is playing theaters versus arenas in your city.
While her growing fame has driven prices higher, Lana Del Rey tickets still remain in high demand from her passionate fans. By buying early, targeting arena shows, and shopping around carefully, fans paying close attention should still be able to secure seats at reasonable prices relative to the premium her stardom now commands. For those who missed out during the initial on-sales, persistence in checking back for deals and monitoring resale markets can also pay off. While not always cheap, experiencing the magic of a Lana Del Rey concert remains a worthy investment for her loyal followers around the world.