Ticketmaster is the largest ticket sales and distribution company in the world. It provides ticketing services for many of the major sporting events, concerts, theater shows, and more. With Ticketmaster handling ticketing for so many popular events, it’s common for customers to need to submit requests regarding their orders, accounts, or other issues. Here is a guide on how to properly submit a request to Ticketmaster.
Types of Requests You Can Submit
There are many reasons you may need to submit a request to Ticketmaster. Here are some of the most common types of requests:
- Order changes or cancelations
- Reissuing lost or incorrect tickets
- Refund or credit requests
- Account inquiries
- Technical support issues
- Complaints about fees or charges
- Trouble accessing ticket transfers
- Questions about concert seat locations, venue maps, etc.
Ticketmaster has specific processes in place to handle these different request types. It’s important to make sure you direct your request to the appropriate department for the fastest response.
How to Submit Your Request
There are a few different ways you can submit a request to Ticketmaster depending on the type of issue you need help with.
Online Help Form
For most general inquiries, the best option is to use the online help request form on the Ticketmaster website. This allows you to specify your issue and provide details that will help Ticketmaster assist you. Here is how to submit a help request online:
- Go to ticketmaster.com and click on “Help” in the site footer.
- On the Help page, click “Contact Us” and then “Email Us”.
- Select the topic that best fits your request from the dropdown menu.
- Fill out the form with your name, order number, event details, and a description of your issue.
- Click “Submit” to send your request.
This will create a help ticket that will be handled by a Ticketmaster support representative. You’ll receive a confirmation email and then a response once your request has been reviewed.
Call Ticketmaster Support
For urgent issues, like if you need to cancel an order by a specific deadline, calling Ticketmaster support is often the quickest solution. Here’s how to request help over the phone:
- Find the customer service phone number on Ticketmaster.com. There are different numbers for different countries.
- When prompted by the automated system, say the reason for your call to be directed to the right department.
- Explain your issue or request to the support agent who answers.
- Provide relevant order numbers, account info, or event details as needed.
- Make note of any confirmation numbers or follow up steps provided by the agent.
The benefit of calling is you can talk through your issue live with a support rep to hopefully get a quicker resolution. Just keep in mind wait times can vary due to call volumes.
Use Ticketmaster Social Media
Ticketmaster also provides customer support through social media. You can tweet @Ticketmaster or @TicketmasterUK or send a message on Facebook. This method is best for general questions that aren’t urgent. To submit a request via social media:
- Send a tweet or Facebook message including your issue or question.
- Provide relevant details like order numbers, event names, etc. to help identify your case.
- Allow 1-2 business days for a response.
- Reply or follow up if you need additional help.
Keep in mind support via social media is not available 24/7, so time-sensitive issues are still best handled through other channels.
Use the Ticketmaster App
If your issue relates to tickets you purchased through the Ticketmaster app, you can submit a request directly within the app. Here’s how:
- Open the Ticketmaster app on your iOS or Android device.
- Go to the “My Events” section and select the event related to your request.
- Tap “Get Support” and choose if you need order support or event support.
- Select a category for your request and fill in the details.
- Include screenshots if needed to illustrate the issue.
- Tap submit and a support rep will follow up within the app.
The in-app help process makes it easy to get assistance with mobile tickets and related issues. You’ll get a faster response using the app versus email or phone support.
Tips for Submitting Your Request
To maximize your chances of a quick resolution when submitting a request to Ticketmaster, keep these tips in mind:
- Include key details – Provide important information upfront like order numbers, ticket references, event names, dates, etc. This helps Ticketmaster identify your case and respond appropriately.
- Know your timeline – Are you within an acceptable window for canceling an order or making changes? Providing your deadlines helps prioritize requests.
- Try chat support – If available, use the chat option on Ticketmaster’s Help page for quick back and forth with an agent.
- Follow up if needed – If your request isn’t resolved on first contact, politely follow up via your preferred contact channel.
- Be patient – Understand that high inquiry volumes can impact response times. Allow reasonable time for a reply.
Submitting a clearly detailed request and following up politely will help ensure you get the quickest resolution from Ticketmaster support.
Common Ticketmaster Request Situations
To give you an idea of what details to provide, here are some examples of common Ticketmaster requests:
Canceling an Order
- Specify you need to cancel an order and the reason if applicable.
- Provide the order number and original purchase date.
- Note the event name, date, and location.
- Indicate how many and what type of tickets you purchased.
- If available, include the ticket transfer number.
- Specify if you need a refund or account credit.
Changing Ticket Holder Name
- State you need to change the ticket holder name for an order.
- Provide the order number and date of original purchase.
- Have the current ticket holder name and new name ready.
- Note the event name, date, time, and venue.
- Specify the seating details like section, row, and seat.
- Include any applicable ticket transfer numbers.
Reporting Lost or Incorrect Tickets
- Indicate your ticket issue is either incorrect or lost tickets.
- Provide order number and date of original ticket purchase.
- Have event details like name, date, time, and venue location.
- For incorrect tickets, explain the ticket error in detail.
- For lost tickets, note how and when they were lost if known.
- Specify if you need replacement tickets or account credits.
Including key details like this when submitting your request makes it much easier for Ticketmaster to quickly address your issue.
Troubleshooting Common Support Issues
In some cases, you may be able to self-troubleshoot an issue before needing to contact Ticketmaster support. Here are tips for some common problems:
Can’t Access Ticket Transfers
- Ensure you have the correct Ticketmaster account login details.
- Double check the transfer link or code provided to you.
- Try having the original ticket purchaser resend the transfer information.
- If the event is soon, call Ticketmaster for urgent help accessing transfers.
Errors Adding Tickets to Apple Wallet
- Confirm you have the latest version of the Ticketmaster app.
- Check that your phone OS is up to date and has Apple Wallet configured.
- Try re-adding the tickets from your Ticketmaster account.
- Contact support if errors persist so they can verify your ticket data.
Can’t Login to Your Account
- If you forgot your password, use the password reset option.
- Make sure you are using the correct email address for login.
- Double check other login credentials like multi-factor authentication.
- Contact support if you still can’t access your account after resetting password.
Hopefully tips like these help you troubleshoot minor issues on your own. But don’t hesitate to contact Ticketmaster support if you need additional assistance.
Submitting support requests is inevitable when purchasing tickets for popular concerts, sports, theater and live entertainment events. Thankfully, Ticketmaster provides multiple options through online forms, phone, social media, and in-app help to effectively request order changes, report issues, or get assistance. Make sure to provide detailed information upfront when submitting your request. This allows Ticketmaster’s support team to quickly troubleshoot and resolve your issue. Follow up as needed if your request remains unresolved. With the right details and a bit of patience, Ticketmaster will help get your ticket situation fixed so you don’t miss out on your favorite event.