American Express offers cardmembers exclusive access to tickets for concerts, sports events, and more through their Preferred Access program. This perk allows AmEx cardholders early ticket access, special seating, and more when purchasing tickets on Ticketmaster.
What is American Express Preferred Access?
American Express Preferred Access is a program that gives AmEx cardholders exclusive presales, special seating, and more for popular events. This perk is available for ticket purchases made through Ticketmaster.
With Preferred Access, AmEx cardholders can get early access to tickets before the general public. Presales typically start 1-3 days before the general on-sale date. This gives AmEx members the chance to get tickets before they sell out.
In addition to presale ticket access, Preferred Access may also provide:
-Access to VIP packages with premium seats
-Exclusive merchandise offers
-Entry to pre-show receptions or post-show meet-and-greets
-Special entrances at the venue
-Crowd-free VIP entrance lanes
-Priority access to premier parking, shuttles, and more
-Access to exclusive concert suites or lounge seats
The specific Preferred Access perks vary for each event. The best way to see what’s offered is to check the event page on Ticketmaster.
How does American Express Preferred Access work on Ticketmaster?
Using Preferred Access on Ticketmaster is easy. Here are the steps:
- Search for tickets to an event on Ticketmaster. Look for the “AMEX Presale” or “AMEX Preferred Access” icon.
- Click “More Info” to see details on the presale offer and included perks.
- When you’re ready to purchase, click “Unlock with American Express.” You’ll be prompted to sign in to your AmEx account.
- If prompted, enter your full card number, expiration date, and security code to verify your AmEx membership.
- Access the presale! Add preferred tickets to your cart and complete your purchase.
As long as you use an eligible American Express card to purchase tickets, the special Preferred Access pricing and perks will be applied.
What American Express cards are eligible for Preferred Access?
To get Preferred Access perks, you must pay with an eligible American Express card. Here are the card types that qualify:
- Consumer credit cards like the American Express Gold Card or Platinum Card® from American Express.
- Consumer charge cards like the American Express Green Card, Gold Card, or Platinum Card.
- Small business credit and charge cards like the American Express® Business Gold Card.
- Corporate cards like the American Express Corporate Gold Card or Corporate Platinum Card.
As long as you have an eligible card linked to your Ticketmaster account, you can unlock the Preferred Access presale and perks.
How much does American Express Preferred Access cost?
Preferred Access is a free benefit included with eligible AmEx cards. There is no extra fee to access presales or benefits.
You’ll pay the standard ticket price for the seats you select. American Express simply unlocks early access to purchases and prime seating options.
Any additional costs like VIP packages or upgraded tickets are optional add-ons. The presale itself comes free as a cardholder perk.
What are some tips for using Preferred Access?
Here are some tips to make the most of American Express Preferred Access when buying tickets:
- Log in early. Be ready to access the presale the moment it starts to get the best selection.
- Have payment ready. Save time by adding your AmEx card to your Ticketmaster account.
- Aim for lower rows at a central or front-side location for the most coveted seats.
- Check for VIP packages. Look for special meet & greets, exclusive lounge access, and more.
- Coordinate with friends. Try to purchase tickets together so your group can sit in the same section.
- Review the seating chart. Ticketmaster will display an interactive chart highlighting the presale seats.
- Act fast! The most popular events sell out in minutes. Purchase your tickets quickly.
Planning ahead, signing in early, and understanding the layout can help you land the best seats through the presale.
Can I use Preferred Access benefits if I don’t buy tickets?
Unfortunately, you can only redeem Preferred Access benefits if you purchase event tickets using your American Express card. Simply having an eligible AmEx card is not enough to unlock perks or exclusive offers.
You must complete the ticket transaction on your AmEx card to qualify for the Preferred Access presale, special seating, VIP packages, or any other advertised perks.
Are there events without Preferred Access?
While many major concerts, games, and shows offer Preferred Access, not every event will include it. If an event doesn’t have a presale or special offers for AmEx, there will not be a Preferred Access icon or promo details on the Ticketmaster site.
In these cases, AmEx cardholders must purchase tickets alongside the general public. There will be no early access or reserved seats.
Don’t worry though – there are still plenty of top events that do offer Preferred Access presales. Check the Ticketmaster site regularly and look for the telltale AmEx presale logo.
Can I use Preferred Access if I’m not an AmEx cardholder?
Unfortunately, the Preferred Access presales and perks are only valid for customers with eligible American Express cards. You must have an active AmEx account linked to Ticketmaster to unlock special offers.
Non-AmEx cardholders cannot access the member presale or Preferred Access benefits. Anyone without an eligible AmEx will need to purchase tickets during the general public on-sale.
Is there a way to get Preferred Access without an AmEx card?
There is no way for non-AmEx cardholders to access the Preferred Access presales or perks. The benefits are exclusive to American Express.
If you want early ticket access and premium offers for Ticketmaster events, you will need to open an eligible AmEx credit card or charge card.
The good news is that AmEx cards are available to consumers as well as small business owners. You can apply for a card that matches your needs and start enjoying Preferred Access.
Can I use Preferred Access internationally or in different cities?
The American Express Preferred Access program is valid internationally! As long as you use an eligible AmEx card, you can enjoy exclusive ticket perks for events around the world.
Preferred Access works the same whether you are looking for tickets in your hometown or a city across the globe. Log into your Ticketmaster account, look for the AmEx presale icon, and purchase with your linked card.
One thing to note is that presale dates and times may vary by location. Be sure to check details for your specific event before attempting to unlock and purchase tickets.
How do I make sure Preferred Access works for my event?
Taking a few quick steps can help ensure your Preferred Access perks apply properly when purchasing event tickets:
– Verify the event has an AmEx presale before purchasing tickets. Look for the AmEx logo on the Ticketmaster event page.
– Check that your AmEx card number and expiration date are accurately saved within your Ticketmaster account.
– When you unlock the presale, double check that your full AmEx card number, expiration date, and security code were entered correctly.
– Complete the ticket checkout process using the same American Express card account.
– Avoid using third-party gift cards or prepaid AmEx cards, as some may not qualify.
– If purchasing multiple tickets, make sure all are charged to your AmEx. Split payments can void perks.
As long as your eligible American Express card is used to fully purchase and pay for event tickets, your Preferred Access benefits will apply.
Can I combine Preferred Access with other Ticketmaster promos?
In most cases, the American Express Preferred Access presale cannot be combined with other Ticketmaster discount codes or special offers.
You typically must choose whether to unlock the AmEx presale or take advantage of a general public promo code – you cannot use both.
However, it is possible that some events may allow stacking with unique discounts, like military or student offers.
Be sure to check the specific terms for your event. Unless stated otherwise, it is best to assume the Preferred Access presale cannot be combined with additional Ticketmaster promo codes.
How do I learn about new Preferred Access events?
There are a few ways to stay on top of upcoming Preferred Access presales:
– Check the Ticketmaster site regularly and browse future events. Look for the telltale AmEx Presale icon.
– Follow Ticketmaster on social media for presale announcements. Turn on notifications so you don’t miss them.
– Sign up for American Express newsletters to receive updates on new Preferred Access events via email.
– Download the Ticketmaster and AmEx mobile apps to get notifications of presales.
– Check the Entertainment Benefits section under “Card Benefits” on the American Express site.
– Follow your favorite artists, teams, and venues on social media for presale announcements.
Activating alerts, following relevant accounts, and checking regularly can help you find out about Preferred Access presales as soon as they are announced.
Is there a limit to how many tickets I can buy with Preferred Access?
American Express does not set hard limits on the number of tickets you can purchase with a Preferred Access presale. However, Ticketmaster may have restrictions in place for specific events.
Typically, there is a set maximum number of tickets allowed per customer for the presale. Common limits range from 4-8 tickets at a time.
This helps ensure more fans have a chance at the early ticket allotment. Limits also prevent bulk purchases by ticket resellers.
Be sure to check the presale event page for any posted restrictions before purchasing. As long as you follow the set per person ticket maximums, you can buy more seats through additional transactions.
Can I use Preferred Access if I have an American Express Business card?
Yes, eligible American Express Business cards also unlock Preferred Access benefits. As long as you have a qualifying business card, you can access presales and special offers.
Here are some of the AmEx Business cards that qualify for Preferred Access:
– American Express® Business Gold Card
– The Business Platinum Card® from American Express
– Blue Business® Plus Credit Card from American Express
– Business Green Rewards Card from American Express
– Corporate Cards (such as Corporate Gold Card or Corporate Platinum Card)
As always, be sure to verify that your specific Business card grants access before attempting to use Preferred Access. Most currently issued Business cards should qualify, but it’s good to double check.
American Express Preferred Access gives cardholders exclusive presale and VIP access when booking tickets through Ticketmaster. This perk makes it easier to get amazing seats before the general public has a chance.
Keep your eligible AmEx card handy and be ready to jump on presales as soon as they pop up. With smart planning, you can use Preferred Access to score seats for your must-see concerts, games, theater shows and more. Enjoy the perks and make your event experience even more memorable!