If you need to request a refund from Ticketmaster, there are a few different ways you can get in touch with their customer service team. In this comprehensive guide, we’ll walk through all of the options for contacting Ticketmaster to cancel an order and get your money back.
Contact Ticketmaster by Phone
One of the quickest ways to reach a Ticketmaster agent is by phone. They have both a general customer service line as well as a dedicated refunds and exchanges line:
- Ticketmaster Customer Service: 1-800-653-8000
- Ticketmaster Refunds/Exchanges: 1-800-745-3000
Both numbers are open 8am-9pm EST Monday through Saturday and 9am-6pm EST on Sundays. Ticketmaster notes that call volumes are typically highest on Mondays and mornings in general, so you may have a shorter wait time calling later in the day or week.
When you call, make sure to have your order number handy. It’s also helpful to know details like what event you purchased tickets for, how many tickets you ordered, and the purchase date. With this information, the agent can quickly look up your order and process your refund or exchange request.
If you don’t have your order number, you can look it up by logging into your Ticketmaster account either online or through their mobile app.
Request a Refund Online
Requesting a refund online through Ticketmaster’s website is another convenient option. Here’s how to get started:
- Go to Ticketmaster.com and click “My Account” in the top right corner.
- Log into your account.
- Click on the “Orders” tab to see your order history.
- Find the order you want to get a refund for and click “Request Refund.”
- Select the reason you need a refund and the tickets you want to return.
- Click “Next” and confirm your refund request details.
Once submitted, you’ll receive a confirmation email with your refund request number for tracking purposes. Ticketmaster aims to process online refund requests within 10-15 business days.
Request a Refund via the Ticketmaster App
Using the Ticketmaster app is another way to request a refund right from your mobile device. Just follow these steps:
- Open the Ticketmaster app on your iPhone or Android.
- Tap the “My Tickets” icon on the bottom.
- Select the order you need a refund for.
- Tap “Request Refund” and choose which tickets to return.
- Enter why you’re requesting the refund.
- Confirm your request details and submit.
You’ll receive an email confirmation with your refund request number after submitting. Processing times are generally 10-15 business days.
Contact Ticketmaster by Email
Sending an email is another option for getting in touch with Ticketmaster customer service. You can email them at one of the following addresses:
In your message, be sure to include key details like your order number, the event you purchased tickets for, how many tickets you ordered, and when you placed the order. Explain that you need to request a refund and the reason why.
You can also attach your order confirmation email or any other relevant documentation that can help identify your order. Ticketmaster aims to reply to emails within 5-7 business days.
Request Refund by Mail
You can also mail a refund request to Ticketmaster if you prefer contacting them in writing via post. Here is their mailing address:
PO Box 3204
La Mesa, CA 91944-3204
Your letter should include the same key details like order number, event, ticket quantity, and purchase date. Explain that you need a refund and the reason why. Be sure to include your full name, address, phone number, and email so they can contact you if needed.
How to Check Your Refund Status
Once you’ve submitted your refund request through any of the above methods, you’ll want to periodically check the status. Here are some ways to check your Ticketmaster refund status:
- Call customer service and ask about the status
- Check your email inbox for processing updates
- View your online Ticketmaster account – your refund status should display
- Check the original payment method used – the refund should show once processed
It typically takes 10-15 business days for Ticketmaster to process refunds. If it’s been longer than that, follow up for an update on your request.
Get Your Refund Faster with a Ticketmaster Account
Having an account on Ticketmaster.com can help speed up the refund process compared to requesting one as a guest.
When you have an account, Ticketmaster securely stores your purchase history and important details like order numbers, event info, ticket quantities, and purchase dates. This makes it easier for their agents to quickly access your order details and issue refunds faster.
Plus, having an account enables you to submit and track refund requests online through your Ticketmaster account. You don’t have to call or email and wait for a response. Simply log into your account, find the order, and request the refund instantly online.
Reasons Ticketmaster May Deny a Refund Request
In some cases, Ticketmaster may need to deny a refund request. Some common reasons for this include:
- The refund request is submitted too late (typically past 30 days from purchase)
- The tickets have already been shipped or sent electronically
- The tickets have already been scanned for entry to the event
- The refund does not meet the organizer’s official refund policy
If your request gets denied but you think it was an error, you can call customer service and ask them to reconsider or review your case again.
Tips for Getting Your Ticketmaster Refund Approved
Here are some tips to improve your chances of getting approved for a Ticketmaster refund:
- Request sooner than later – Refund policies vary by event, but generally Ticketmaster requires all refund requests to be submitted upto 30 days after the original ticket purchase date.
- Read the official refund policy – Each event can have its own unique guidelines, so check the policy before buying tickets.
- Double check your info – When submitting a refund request, carefully check that all the details like order number, ticket quantities, and other info is 100% accurate.
- Follow up if needed – If it’s been more than 15 business days and your refund is still pending, follow up for an update.
Get a Refund for Canceled or Postponed Events
If an event is outright canceled or indefinitely postponed, Ticketmaster typically automatically issues refunds to all ticket holders. You’ll get an email notification when the refund has been processed back to your original payment method.
For events that get rescheduled to a new date, you will have the option to request a refund if you can no longer attend the new date. Each rescheduled event has its own refund policy details, so check your email and account for specific guidelines.
Exchange Your Tickets Instead of Getting a Refund
In some cases, you may want to exchange your tickets for a different event rather than request a full refund. Exchanges can be processed by phone, email, mail, or through your online Ticketmaster account.
Keep in mind that exchanges follow the standard 30 day policy from the original ticket purchase date. And there is usually an exchange fee that must be paid to complete the swap. Ticketmaster notes current exchange fee amounts in the FAQ section of their website.
Requesting a refund from Ticketmaster is fairly straightforward. You can get in touch with their customer service team by phone, online, email, or regular mail. Make sure to include all relevant order details in your request and follow up if needed. Refunds are typically processed within 10-15 business days. If your request gets denied, call to ask for an additional review of your case. We hope this guide covers everything you need to know about contacting Ticketmaster for a refund!