Ticketmaster, the popular ticket sales and distribution company, does not have a specific mandated time limit for customers to complete ticket purchases. However, there are some time constraints that customers should keep in mind when buying tickets on Ticketmaster.
Time Limit for Shopping Cart
Ticketmaster does not enforce a time limit for customers to have items in their shopping cart. You can keep tickets in your shopping cart for as long as you’d like without being required to complete the purchase. However, it is important to note that while the tickets are in your cart, they are not yet secured. Someone else could purchase those same tickets before you checkout, so it’s best not to keep tickets in your cart for too long.
Hold Time for Tickets
When you select tickets on Ticketmaster, you will see a countdown clock showing the time remaining for the hold on those specific tickets. This hold time can vary, but is usually between 2 and 5 minutes. This countdown is intended to give you enough time to go through the checkout process and finalize the ticket purchase. If the hold expires before you complete checkout, those tickets will be released back into the general inventory where someone else could purchase them.
Time Limit for Checkout
Once you begin the Ticketmaster checkout process, you typically have around 15 minutes to complete the transaction. The checkout session will expire after 15 minutes of inactivity, meaning you will lose the tickets you were attempting to buy. The countdown clock on the checkout screen will show you how much time remains. If the checkout expires, you will have to start the ticket buying process over again.
Why Ticketmaster Uses Time Limits
Ticketmaster utilizes time limits and countdown clocks for several important reasons:
- To discourage users from hogging popular tickets: The hold time gives users a fair shot at competing for in-demand tickets instead of allowing one user to hold tickets indefinitely.
- To prevent abandoned carts: The checkout time limit discourages users from leaving tickets unpurchased in their cart.
- To keep site activity moving: Time limits help keep the flow of site traffic steady instead of allowing inactive carts to sit unattended.
- To indicate ticket availability: The countdowns communicate urgency and scarcity for hot ticket events.
What Happens if a Time Limit Expires
If you do not complete the Ticketmaster checkout within the specified time frame, here is what will happen:
- Hold expiration: The selected tickets will be released back into general inventory.
- Checkout expiration: You will automatically be logged out of the checkout process.
- Shopping cart: Any tickets left unpurchased in your cart will remain there, but are not guaranteed.
- Fees: You will not be charged for any fees or tickets until the order is finalized.
The good news is that even if a time limit expires, you will have full ability to re-select those same tickets and attempt checkout again as long as inventory remains. Your shopping cart and account will not be penalized in any way.
Tips for Beating Ticketmaster Time Limits
Here are some tips to ensure you complete each stage of the Ticketmaster buying process within the allotted time limits:
- Check inventory early: Give yourself plenty of time to browse listings before an on-sale rush.
- Enter payment info ahead of time: Save payment details so they populate automatically at checkout.
- Use fast checkout options: Ticketmaster offers Express Checkout via Facebook, Apple Pay, etc.
- Avoid switching devices: Stay on the same device throughout to prevent losing your place in line.
- Pay attention to the clocks: Don’t let countdowns expire at any stage of the process.
- Don’t open multiple windows: Stick to one window to avoid confusion and duplication.
Contacting Ticketmaster Support
If you experience any issues completing ticket purchases within the required time limits, the best option is to contact Ticketmaster Customer Support directly for assistance:
- By phone: 1-800-653-8000
- Via online chat: Available during business hours on the Ticketmaster website.
- By email: [email protected]
- On social media: Reach out via Twitter @Ticketmaster or Facebook.
The customer service team can look into any checkout or ticket issues experienced due to expired time limits.
In summary, while Ticketmaster does not have one universal time limit for purchases, there are some important countdowns and deadlines built into the ticket buying process. Paying attention to hold times, checkout limits, and shopping cart expiration can ensure users secure the tickets they want. Utilizing fast checkout options, preparing accounts ahead of time, avoiding unnecessary site toggling, and monitoring all countdowns closely will provide the best chance at beating the Ticketmaster time constraints. Maintaining awareness of the various time limits in place leads to a smoother, more successful ticket purchasing experience.