If you are unable to access your Ticketmaster account, there are a few potential reasons and solutions you can try. The most common reasons involve password and login issues, account lockouts, and technical errors. With some troubleshooting steps, you should be able to regain access to your Ticketmaster account.
One of the most common reasons for not being able to access your Ticketmaster account is simply forgetting your password. Here are some tips for recovering and resetting your Ticketmaster password:
- Go to the Ticketmaster login page and click “Forgot password?” This will start the password recovery process.
- Enter the email address associated with your Ticketmaster account. Ticketmaster will send you an email with a link to reset your password.
- Click the link in the email within 24 hours to be directed to a page to create a new password.
- Enter and confirm your new password. Make sure it meets Ticketmaster’s password requirements.
- Log into your Ticketmaster account with your new password.
If you no longer have access to the email associated with your Ticketmaster account, you will need to contact Ticketmaster customer support to recover your account.
Incorrect login details
Double check that you are entering the correct email address and password when attempting to login to your Ticketmaster account. It’s easy to mistype login credentials, so go slowly and carefully on each character.
If you have multiple email addresses, make sure you are using the email associated with your Ticketmaster account, not a different one. You may want to try going through the “Forgot password?” process above to confirm which email is on your Ticketmaster account.
Be aware that both the email address and password are case sensitive. Make sure “Caps Lock” is not enabled if your password contains capital letters.
If you enter an incorrect password too many times, Ticketmaster will lock your account temporarily as a security measure. If this happens you will see an “account locked” message when trying to login.
The lockout period is usually 30 minutes to several hours. You need to wait for the lockout period to expire before attempting to login again. Make sure you enter the proper login details carefully when you try again.
If your account remains locked after the standard wait period, you will need to use the password reset process mentioned above. This will unlock your account in addition to allowing you to create a new password.
Verification code issues
Sometimes two-factor authentication using text or email verification codes can cause login issues. Here are some things to check if you are having trouble receiving or entering verification codes:
- Make sure your phone number or email listed on your Ticketmaster account is current. Outdated contact info will prevent you receiving verification codes.
- Check for typos when entering the verification code. The codes are case sensitive.
- Codes expire after a short period, usually 5-10 minutes. Request a new code if yours has expired.
- Poor cell reception can disrupt text messages, so try a phone with better signal.
- Overactive spam filters may block verification emails, so check your spam folder.
If you did not set up two-factor authentication on your Ticketmaster account, these tips do not apply. In that case there must be another issue preventing login.
Cookies and site data
Technical issues on your web browser can sometimes interfere with accessing your Ticketmaster account. Try these browser troubleshooting steps:
- Clear your browser cookies and site data. This will wipe cached login credentials.
- Try accessing Ticketmaster from a different web browser. This helps rule out browser-specific issues.
- Make sure cookies are enabled in your browser settings. Ticketmaster requires cookies.
- Allow popups for the Ticketmaster site. The login page may try to open in a new tab.
If clearing cookies and site data, switching browsers, or changing settings does not help, then there may be a larger technical problem on Ticketmaster’s end.
Site outage or errors
In rare cases, the Ticketmaster website may be experiencing an outage or technical difficulties that prevent all users from logging in. This is not an issue with your individual account.
If Ticketmaster was recently updated or changed, an error in the new code could also break the login system. Again, this would affect all users trying to access their accounts.
Contact Ticketmaster support
If you have tried all applicable troubleshooting steps above and still cannot login to your Ticketmaster account, you will need to contact their customer support team for additional help.
Call Ticketmaster at one of the numbers below depending on your country:
- United States: 1-800-653-8000
- Canada: 1-855-985-5000
- UK: 0333-3219996
- Ireland: 0818903001
- Australia: 1300-666-636
You can also reach out to their support team via email or live online chat through their help site. Be prepared to verify your identity by providing personal details, order history, and account information.
Ticketmaster support can look into the specifics of your account, review error messages, and troubleshoot more complex login issues. They have tools to unlock accounts, reset passwords, update contact info, and correct other problems.
Preventing future login problems
Once you regain access to your Ticketmaster account, you can take steps to prevent login-related problems recurring in the future:
- Enable two-factor authentication for increased security.
- Update your contact information if anything has changed.
- Create a strong, unique password and save it in a password manager.
- Make sure you remember which email is on your Ticketmaster account.
- Periodically change your password every few months.
- Be wary of phishing scams asking for your login info.
Keeping your login details and account information current will make accessing your Ticketmaster account much easier. Reaching out for customer support when you encounter issues is also key to resolving login problems quickly.