Changing your payment method on Ticketmaster after you’ve already purchased tickets can be a bit tricky, but it is possible in some cases. Here’s what you need to know about changing payment methods post-purchase on Ticketmaster.
Can You Change Credit Card on Ticketmaster After Purchase?
If you used a credit or debit card to purchase tickets on Ticketmaster, you may be able to change the card as long as the tickets haven’t been sent yet. Here are the key things to know:
- You can change the credit/debit card on an order up until the tickets have been sent. This applies to both digital tickets and tickets being physically mailed.
- To change the card, log into your Ticketmaster account online and find the order. Click “Change Payment Method” and enter the new card details.
- If the tickets have already been sent, you cannot change the card online. You would need to contact Ticketmaster customer service to request a change.
So in summary, you can change the credit or debit card on a Ticketmaster order until the point when the tickets get sent out. Once they’ve been issued, you’ll have to go through customer service if you need the card changed.
Can You Change Payment Details if You Paid with PayPal?
If you paid for your Ticketmaster order using PayPal, the process for changing payment details is different.
- You cannot change the payment method from PayPal to a credit/debit card online. This change would need to go through Ticketmaster customer service.
- You can change the funding source within your PayPal account. For example, switch from one bank account to another linked account.
- Contact PayPal if you need to change details like the email address or account holder name on the payment source.
The main thing to note is that if you paid with PayPal, you’ll need to contact Ticketmaster support to swap the payment out for a credit/debit card. Changing funding sources within PayPal is simpler though.
When Can You Not Change Payment Method?
There are certain situations where you may lose the ability to change the payment method on Ticketmaster orders:
- Virtual tickets delivered – If your ticket order was for virtual/digital tickets and they have already been delivered, the payment method can no longer be changed.
- Physical tickets sent – Once physical tickets have been shipped out, you can’t change the payment online. Customer service would be needed.
- Order pending fraud review – Ticketmaster won’t allow customers to change payment info on orders flagged for potential fraud.
- Tickets resold – If you resold your tickets via Ticketmaster’s official resale platform, the payment details lock in once sold.
Outside of those scenarios, in most cases you should be able to change payment method up until the tickets get sent out. Reach out to customer service if you run into any trouble.
Steps to Change Payment Method on Ticketmaster
Here is the process for changing payment details on eligible Ticketmaster orders:
- Log into your Ticketmaster account online.
- Locate the order that needs an updated payment method.
- Click the “Change Payment Method” link or button.
- Enter the new credit/debit card details and submit.
- The new payment method will be reflected on the order details page.
It only takes a few minutes to swap in new card details or payment account as long as the tickets haven’t been sent yet. Be sure the billing address on your new payment method matches what you originally entered.
Contacting Customer Service to Change Payment
In situations where you cannot change your payment online, you will need to contact Ticketmaster customer service for assistance. Here are some tips for getting in touch:
- Locate your order confirmation email which contains customer service contact info.
- Call Ticketmaster support using the phone number listed on their site.
- You can also reach out via email or social media messaging.
- Chat with a support agent online during business hours.
- When contacting support, have your order number ready for reference.
- Explain why you need the payment change made to your order.
As long as there is a legitimate reason for changing the payment, Ticketmaster agents can override the system block and manually update your order with new payment details.
Reasons Ticketmaster May Refuse a Payment Change
While Ticketmaster will make an effort to accommodate payment changes when reasonable, keep in mind that agents do not have to grant the request in every scenario. Here are some reasons why Ticketmaster may refuse to swap payment method after purchase:
- Suspected fraud – Unusual changes may be denied if fraud is suspected.
- Tickets already used – Payment cannot be changed after tickets have been scanned and used.
- Refund pending – No payment swap allowed while refund is processing.
- Resale order – Payment details lock in once tickets have been resold.
- Rewards order – If tickets were purchased as a reward redemption, payment method may be locked.
The best practice is to change your payment as soon as possible if needed, before tickets get sent out. Last minute payment swaps often raise red flags. Discuss the reason for your payment change request transparently with the agent.
Tips for Successfully Changing Ticketmaster Payment
Here are some top tips for changing your Ticketmaster payment smoothly:
- Request changes as soon as possible, don’t wait until last minute.
- Be ready to verify your identity by providing order details.
- If possible, use the same payment type – card to card, PayPal to PayPal etc.
- Have the new payment details handy when you contact support.
- Clearly explain why you need to update the payment information.
- Avoid excessive payment changes which could appear suspicious.
- Add the new payment details to your Ticketmaster account wallet for ease.
As long as you have a reasonable need to change the payment method, and follow the proper process, Ticketmaster will do their best to accommodate your request. The key is acting quickly before tickets are sent out and being transparent with customer support about why the change is needed.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can you change payment on Ticketmaster mobile app?
Yes, you can change the payment method on Ticketmaster orders via the mobile app as long as the tickets have not been sent yet. Simply access your order in the app and select the option to change payment. Enter your new card or PayPal details.
What if I cancel the card I used to buy Ticketmaster tickets?
If you need to cancel the credit/debit card you used to purchase tickets on Ticketmaster, contact their support team immediately to change the payment details. As long as the tickets have not been sent, they can swap in the new active card.
How long does it take for Ticketmaster to change payment method?
If you change payment details online, Ticketmaster will update the order with the new payment instantly. If support needs to make the change, it can take 1-3 business days to process once they receive your request.
Can you change Ticketmaster tickets to another user?
In most cases, Ticketmaster tickets cannot be transferred to another user after purchase. Support may make an exception if you need to transfer tickets to friends/family due to an emergency or inability to attend. Explain the situation to them.
What if I don’t receive a Ticketmaster order confirmation email?
If you did not get a confirmation email after purchasing tickets on Ticketmaster, first check your spam folder. If not there, you can access your purchase details and order number by logging into your Ticketmaster account. Contact support if no order visible.
The Bottom Line
Changing your payment method on Ticketmaster after an order is placed is possible in many cases if done proactively. The key things to keep in mind are:
- Act quickly to change payment before tickets are issued.
- You can update card details online until tickets are sent.
- After that point, request payment changes through customer service.
- Provide a valid reason you require the payment swap.
- Use the same payment type if you can – card to card, PayPal to PayPal.
As long as you reach out in a timely manner and follow proper procedures, Ticketmaster will do their best to accommodate your request to change payment after purchase. Be aware that options narrow once tickets have been sent.