If you frequently use Ticketmaster to purchase tickets for concerts, sports events, theater shows, and other live entertainment, you may wonder if you can use the same Ticketmaster account on two different devices. The short answer is yes, you can definitely use the same Ticketmaster account across multiple devices like smartphones, tablets, laptops, and desktop computers. Here is a more detailed look at how to use one Ticketmaster account on two or more devices.
Benefits of Using One Account on Multiple Devices
There are several benefits to using the same Ticketmaster account on more than one device:
- Convenience – You don’t have to repeatedly sign in and out of your account when switching between devices.
- Accessibility – Your account, order history, and saved payment methods are available no matter which device you use.
- Consistency – Your account preferences, alerts, notifications, and other settings carry over across all devices.
- Organization – Keeping everything in one account prevents confusion from having multiple accounts.
Whether you prefer buying tickets on your smartphone on-the-go or on your laptop at home, using the same Ticketmaster account allows you to seamlessly hop between devices for a unified experience.
How to Use the Same Account on Multiple Devices
Using your Ticketmaster account across multiple devices is easy. Here are the steps:
- Create a Ticketmaster account – Go to ticketmaster.com and click Sign In in the top right. Choose “Sign Up” to create a new account. Use an email address as your username.
- Log into your account – On any device, visit ticketmaster.com and click Sign In. Enter your account email address and password.
- Download mobile apps – Get the Ticketmaster app for iOS and Android. Log into the app using your account info.
- Stay logged in – On your laptop or desktop, choose to stay logged into your account. This keeps you signed in when you return.
- Use the “Forget Device” option – If accessing your account from a shared or public device, use this option when done to log out.
Once you complete these steps, your Ticketmaster account will be set up and accessible across all of your devices. You can now seamlessly search, purchase, manage tickets and more from anywhere.
Using Multiple Devices for the Same Event
When purchasing tickets for a specific event, you may wonder if you can access the event on more than one device at the same time. The answer is yes, to an extent.
If you are logged into your Ticketmaster account on two devices simultaneously during the on-sale period for an event, you can conduct searches, view seating options, and initiate a purchase on both devices. However, you can only fully complete the ticket purchase on one device.
Once a purchase is finalized on one device, that specific event will become unavailable for purchase on any other device. This prevents duplicate orders or buying more tickets than intended.
However, if purchasing tickets for multiple separate events, you can buy tickets on different devices at the same time with no issues. Just not multiple purchases for the same singular event.
Transferring Tickets Between Devices
If you purchase event tickets on one device, you may want to transfer them to a different device later on. Ticketmaster makes this easy to do through your account online or in the mobile app.
On a laptop or desktop, log into your Ticketmaster account online. Go to your order history to find the tickets. Choose the “Transfer Tickets” option to send them to a different email address linked to another device.
In the mobile app, go to your tickets and select the transfer button. Enter the email address or contact you want to transfer them to. They will get a notification to accept the transfer to their device.
Transferring tickets assigns them to a new device under a different account holder. This gives someone else access without having to physically send tickets.
Using the same Ticketmaster account on multiple devices is generally straightforward. But occasionally issues may arise. Here are some troubleshooting tips:
- Make sure you are logging into ticketmaster.com directly rather than third-party sites. This ensures you access your authentic account.
- Double check your username and password when logging in. It’s easy to mistype credentials, especially on mobile.
- Clear your browser cookies and cache if you have trouble accessing your account. This refreshes your login status.
- Reset your account password if you can no longer access your account. Use password recovery options on Ticketmaster.
- Contact Ticketmaster Customer Support if you encounter unusual account access issues for help.
One Account, Multiple Benefits
Having one Ticketmaster account across all your devices makes purchasing and managing tickets a seamless experience. You get unified access, better organization, and convenience without hassle. Just log into your account on any device to enjoy these benefits as you search and buy tickets for your next event.