Yes, in most cases you can reschedule your tickets on Ticketmaster if you need to change the date or time of an event you have tickets for. Ticketmaster offers options to exchange, refund, or resell tickets depending on the event and ticket type. There are a few key things to keep in mind when looking to reschedule Ticketmaster tickets.
Check the Event Rescheduling Policy
Before taking any action to reschedule your tickets, you’ll want to check the specific rescheduling policy for the event you have tickets to. Rescheduling policies can vary widely depending on the event promoter, venue, and ticket type. Some common rescheduling policies include:
- No rescheduling allowed – Your tickets are valid only for the original event date/time.
- Exchanges allowed up to a certain deadline – You can exchange your tickets for new event date/time up until a specified deadline, which is often 24-48 hours before the event.
- Unlimited exchanges – You can exchange your tickets any time before the event for a new date/time, as long as tickets are still available.
- Refunds allowed – Rather than exchanging tickets, you can get a full refund if you can no longer attend the event.
The rescheduling policy will determine your options, so always check the specific event page or your emailed ticket confirmation to see the policy details before taking any further action.
Exchange or Refund Options
If the event you have tickets to does allow rescheduling, here are the typical options that may be available to you on Ticketmaster:
Exchange Tickets for New Date/Time
This allows you to turn in your tickets for the original event and get new tickets for a different scheduled date/time for the same event. Exchanges are subject to availability – if the new date/time you want is sold out, exchanges may not be possible.
Rather than exchanging for a new date/time, you may be able to get a full refund of your ticket purchase. Refund eligibility and deadlines also depend on the specific event policy.
Resell or Transfer Tickets
If exchanges/refunds are not allowed, you may still be able to resell or transfer your tickets to another buyer through Ticketmaster’s official resale marketplace. This allows you to recoup some or all of the ticket cost, but does not allow you to attend the event on a different date.
How to Exchange or Refund Tickets on Ticketmaster
If you’ve verified your event allows exchanges or refunds, here is how to request a change to your Ticketmaster order:
- Sign in to your Ticketmaster account online or via the mobile app.
- From your Upcoming Events or Order History, select the order you want to exchange/refund.
- Select the “Exchange” or “Refund” button next to the eligible ticket(s).
- Follow prompts to select a new event date/time or confirm refund request.
- If exchanging, pay any price difference for the new date/time. Refunds are processed back to your original payment method.
Key Tips for Rescheduling Ticketmaster Tickets
To successfully exchange your tickets on Ticketmaster, keep these tips in mind:
Exchange and refund deadlines are usually 1-7 days before the event. Act as soon as possible to reschedule within the allowed window.
The new date/time must have tickets still available for an exchange. Double check before selecting a new option.
Know the Fees
Exchanging tickets often incurs a “swap fee”. And you’ll pay any price difference for the new date/time. Refunds are usually processed minus non-refundable fees.
Use the Original Buyer Account
Log in to the Ticketmaster account that originally purchased the tickets to make the exchange or refund request.
Contact Support If Needed
If you have any trouble exchanging tickets online, you can contact Ticketmaster Fan Support for further assistance.
Rescheduling Options for Specific Ticket Types
Certain types of tickets for Ticketmaster events may have special rescheduling restrictions or options to be aware of:
Any paper tickets must be mailed back to Ticketmaster before the exchange or refund can be processed. Digital tickets have made paper tickets rare.
Season Tickets or Packages
For multi-event packages, you’ll likely need to exchange the entire package to a new package for rescheduled dates.
Special elite ticket types often have more flexible rescheduling options than normal tickets. But they may have higher exchange fees.
If your ticket includes travel, such as flights and hotels, you’ll have to reschedule each component separately based on individual supplier policies.
Events outside the U.S. can have more restrictive rescheduling policies. Check policies carefully before selecting international tickets.
To see how the rescheduling process works, here are some examples of common scenarios for changing Ticketmaster tickets:
Reschedule Concert Tickets
|2 tickets to Taylor Swift in Los Angeles on July 15th
|2 tickets to Taylor Swift in Los Angeles on July 20th
|1 ticket purchased on May 5th for $150
|1 ticket exchanged on June 29th for $175
|$15 exchange fee applied
|$25 price increase for new date
For this major concert, Ticketmaster allowed unlimited exchanges up to 48 hours before the event. Since the exchange was made well before that deadline, the customer was able to switch to a later concert date in the same city. They paid a swap fee and the higher ticket price for the new date.
Refund Sporting Event Due to COVID-19
|3 tickets to Yankees vs. Red Sox on May 15th for $75 each
|Full $225 refund issued on May 1st
|Game postponed due to COVID-19
|Refund processed back to original payment method
For this case, the event was completely postponed with no ability to exchange tickets for a new date. However, due to COVID-19, the promoter provided a special exception for full refunds on all tickets. The customer received a cash refund with no fees deducted.
Swap Broadway Show Tickets
|2 tickets to Book of Mormon on March 19th
|2 tickets to Book of Mormon on April 2nd
|Tickets purchased January 5th for $195 each
|Tickets exchanged February 22nd for $195 each
|$15 exchange fee per ticket applied
|Same price for new date
For this Broadway musical, only like-to-like exchanges were allowed up to 7 days before the performance. The customer was able to switch to a later show date with the same ticket quantity, price, and seat locations. The standard exchange fee was charged for swapping dates.
Get Help Rescheduling from Ticketmaster
If you run into any trouble exchanging or refunding tickets online, reach out to Ticketmaster customer service for assistance. Here are the best ways to get help:
- Online Chat – Get answers fast via live online chat support.
- Fan Support Phone – Call 708-613-4636 to speak with a customer service agent.
- Support Request – Submit a detailed help request online to get an email response.
- Event Venue – For issues at the event, visit the box office in person for help.
Being within the rescheduling deadlines and having your order information handy will make it easiest for Ticketmaster to assist you. You can also look up the refund policy and ticket exchange policy pages for more details.
Key Takeaways for Rescheduling Ticketmaster Tickets
Rescheduling your Ticketmaster tickets for a new event date, time, or to get a refund is possible in many cases. Here are the key tips to remember:
- Verify the specific rescheduling policy for your event before taking any action.
- Act quickly within the exchange/refund deadline window.
- Be aware of any fees or price differences for ticket exchanges.
- Use your original Ticketmaster account to request the changes.
- Contact customer service if you need help rescheduling tickets.
With hundreds of thousands of events and millions of tickets, Ticketmaster has very diverse policies on exchanging and refunding tickets. Always check your specific event details first. But in most cases, you should be able to reschedule your Ticketmaster tickets with minimal hassle if you act in time and understand any costs involved.