If you need to change the date on tickets purchased through Ticketmaster, you may have some options depending on the event. Here is what you need to know about changing Ticketmaster ticket dates.
Can Ticketmaster tickets be changed to another date?
In some cases, yes, Ticketmaster tickets can be changed to another date. However, the ability to change dates depends on the event and venue policies. Here are some key things to know:
- For many major concerts, sports events, and other hot ticket items, date changes are usually not allowed. These tickets are non-transferable and non-exchangeable.
- For smaller events or venues with more flexible policies, Ticketmaster may allow you to switch to another performance date. There is often a similar ticket availability requirement.
- Any date change ability is set by the event organizer or venue policies, not Ticketmaster. Ticketmaster simply facilitates exchanges when permitted.
So whether or not you can change your Ticketmaster ticket date comes down to the specific event rules. Carefully check the event details before purchasing tickets if date flexibility is important to you.
Are there fees to change Ticketmaster ticket dates?
If date changes are permitted, there will likely be an exchange fee charged by Ticketmaster for changing the ticket dates. Some key points on fees:
- Ticketmaster’s standard exchange fee is $6-$8 per ticket exchanged.
- Some major events have higher exchange fees, usually around $20 per ticket.
- Applicable delivery fees are also charged on the new tickets.
- Fees apply for all ticket exchanges, even like-for-like exchanges to another date.
So be prepared to pay additional fees if you need to change your Ticketmaster tickets. The exact fees will depend on the event and number of tickets being exchanged.
How do I switch my Ticketmaster tickets to a new date?
If permitted for your event, here are the steps to switch your Ticketmaster tickets to a new date:
- Access your Ticketmaster account online or via the app.
- Find your order and select the “Exchange” option.
- Select the new event date, number of tickets, and seating options desired.
- Proceed through the exchange process and pay any exchange fees.
- The original tickets will be invalidated and new e-tickets issued for the new date.
You will need to complete the exchange before the event occurs, as you cannot exchange tickets after the event date has passed. Ticketmaster will email your new tickets once the exchange is processed.
Can I get a refund instead of exchanging dates?
In most cases, you will not be able to get a refund for Ticketmaster tickets that you want to return. However, here are some scenarios where refunds may be possible:
- If the event is postponed or canceled, full refunds are generally issued.
- If the tickets are covered by Ticketmaster’s Fan Guarantee, refunds may be offered in certain situations.
- If the tickets specifically state refunds or date changes are allowed, a refund can be requested.
Outside of those situations, Ticketmaster tickets are non-refundable per the Ticketmaster Fan Terms. So a date change will likely be your only option if you cannot attend on the original date.
What if my tickets are paper tickets?
For events still issuing paper tickets, the options are more limited for changing dates:
- There may be no way to change the date unless printed on the ticket.
- You will likely need to visit the venue box office in person to exchange for a new date.
- Changing information on a paper ticket has more security risks.
E-tickets provide much more flexibility for exchanges. If your tickets are paper, look closely for any date change policy printed on the ticket.
Can I switch individual tickets to separate dates?
If date changes are allowed, you can likely switch individual tickets to separate dates, but there are a few caveats:
- Ticketmaster requires all tickets in a single order to be exchanged together.
- You would need to split into separate orders first before exchanging tickets individually.
- All exchanges still require applicable per ticket exchange fees.
So it is possible to switch tickets to different dates, but may require some coordination of orders. The best option is to purchase desired individual dates upfront if known.
What are some tips for changing Ticketmaster ticket dates?
Here are some top tips for successfully changing your ticket dates with Ticketmaster:
- Check event details before buying – Know the exchange policies upfront.
- Act quickly if needing an exchange – Availability for new dates may be limited.
- Be ready to pay fees – Exchanges involve per ticket service charges.
- Don’t wait too long – Exchanges are not allowed after event date passes.
- Purchase separate orders for split dates – All tickets on an order must be exchanged together.
With some planning and understanding of the policies, you can successfully switch to a new date for eligible Ticketmaster tickets. Just be sure to act quickly and have flexibility on dates and seating.
What if I cannot attend the new date I switched to?
If you exchange your Ticketmaster tickets to a different date but then cannot attend the new date either, you have very limited options:
- Additional exchanges are rarely permitted, even for a fee.
- Refunds are still generally prohibited in this case.
- Reselling the tickets is your only recourse to try to recover some costs.
That is why it is essential to be sure of new dates when exchanging tickets. Double check your schedule to avoid having tickets you still cannot use. Unfortunately, eating the cost of unused tickets is a risk when dates cannot be changed freely.
Can I change part of my Ticketmaster ticket order?
For many events, your entire Ticketmaster ticket order must be exchanged together to a new date. However, some scenarios where you may be able to change just part of your order include:
- If permitted, you can likely exchange a portion of tickets to one date and the remainder to another date.
- Splitting into separate orders first can allow changing portions of tickets separately.
- Canceled companion tickets on an order may only require exchanging your one remaining ticket.
Check if partial order exchanges are allowed before assuming that capability. There may be minimum ticket requirements as well to utilize the date change option.
Can I resell my Ticketmaster tickets instead?
If your Ticketmaster tickets are completely non-changeable/non-refundable, reselling may be your only recourse to avoid losing the entire value. Here are some tips on reselling non-refundable tickets:
- Sell as soon as possible to maximize resale value.
- Price competitively based on current market rates.
- Utilize Ticketmaster’s resale platform for convenience.
- List on multiple sites like StubHub, VividSeats, etc. to boost visibility.
While you will likely take a loss on the resale, especially with seller fees, recovering some ticket value back is better than nothing. Just make sure resale is not prohibited by the event before listing non-refundable tickets.
What if I cannot attend and cannot change dates?
If your Ticketmaster tickets are completely non-changeable and non-refundable, and you cannot attend on the original date, there are still a few options besides eating the full cost of the tickets:
- See if friends/family can use the tickets instead.
- Resell the tickets to at least recover some costs back.
- Donate the tickets and get a tax deduction.
While not ideal, finding someone else to utilize the tickets or donating them at least enables some benefit instead of a total loss. Just don’t expect to recover full value on non-refundable tickets.
Here are some key takeaways on changing Ticketmaster ticket dates:
- Date changes are subject to event/venue policies, not all tickets are changeable.
- Fees generally apply for ticket date exchanges.
- Exchanges must be completed before event date passes.
- Split orders allow changing portions of tickets separately.
- Non-changeable tickets can be resold or donated if unable to attend.
Understanding the nuances of Ticketmaster ticket exchanges will set proper expectations on what is possible. Act quickly if you need to switch dates, and always check event details before purchasing tickets.
Changing Ticketmaster ticket dates is subject to many restrictions, fees, and event policies. While not always possible, date changes provide an important option for fans who need flexibility. Carefully review event exchange rules before purchasing tickets and act fast if needing new dates.
With planning, following exchange steps properly, and managing expectations, fans can successfully switch to new dates on eligible Ticketmaster tickets when permitted. This enables attending your favorite events even when original plans change.