Yes, you can purchase tickets in person at the SAP Center box office located at 525 W Santa Clara St, San Jose, CA 95113. The box office is open Monday-Friday from 10 AM to 3 PM, as well as 2 hours before and 1 hour after each event. Tickets can be purchased with cash or credit card.
Buying tickets in person allows you to avoid online fees and guarantees you will receive valid tickets for the event you want to attend. However, the box office may have limited ticket availability depending on the event. Popular concerts and games can sell out quickly online and at the box office.
Benefits of Buying Tickets In Person
There are several benefits to purchasing tickets at the SAP Center box office rather than online:
Avoid Online Fees
When you purchase tickets online through a ticketing website, fees are added to the base ticket price. These can include service fees, processing fees, and more. Fees typically add 15-25% extra cost to the total ticket price. Purchasing at the box office allows you to avoid these annoying fees.
Guaranteed Valid Tickets
Unfortunately, online ticket resale sites like Stubhub or VividSeats can sometimes have invalid or fraudulent ticket listings. When you buy directly from the venue box office, you are guaranteed to receive valid, authentic event tickets. This gives you peace of mind knowing your tickets will get you in the door.
Access to Tickets Not Online
In some cases, the box office may have tickets available for purchase that are not offered online. This can include last minute ticket releases or tickets held specifically for box office sales. If an event is sold out online, it can be worth checking the box office in person for ticket availability.
The staff at the SAP Center box office can provide customer service and help with ticket purchases. This includes finding the best available seats, recommending seating sections/views, and answering any questions. You do not get this personalized service when purchasing online.
Downsides of Buying Tickets In Person
Despite the benefits, there are a few downsides to purchasing tickets in person that should be considered:
You need to physically go to the venue box office during business hours to buy tickets. This takes more time and planning compared to quickly purchasing online at home. The box office has limited hours, so you may need to take time off work or other commitments to buy tickets.
As mentioned earlier, box office inventory can be limited for popular events. High demand tickets may sell out at the box office before you get there. Online sales channels give you more opportunities over an extended period to obtain tickets.
For big games or concerts, lines at the box office can get very long. You may need to wait 30+ minutes for your turn to purchase tickets. Lines are less of an issue when buying online.
Cannot Select Exact Seats
When purchasing online, you can often pick your exact seat locations if available. At the box office, you generally need to take whichever seats are still available at the time. You have less control over getting the precise seat selections you may want.
Purchasing Process at the Box Office
Here are the steps to buy SAP Center tickets at the box office:
- Arrive at the box office located at 525 W Santa Clara St during open hours
- Wait in line if there is one to reach the next available ticket agent
- Confirm with the agent which event you want tickets for and how many you need
- The agent will check inventory and let you know what tickets are available for purchase
- Select your desired ticket option based on available seating locations
- Pay for the tickets using cash or credit card
- The agent will print your tickets to be picked up at will call or hand them to you on the spot
- Confirm your purchase details and keep the receipt for your records
The entire process of purchasing tickets at the box office usually takes 10-20 minutes depending on how long lines are. Make sure to arrive with enough time before an event starts in case there is a wait.
Box Office Policies
There are a few key policies to note about the SAP Center box office:
- Tickets can only be purchased in person at the box office, not over the phone
- Tickets purchased are non-refundable
- Exchanges for different ticket dates or seating may be allowed based on availability
- Children under 2 do not require a ticket if sitting on an adult’s lap
- Payment methods accepted are Visa, Mastercard, American Express, Discover, cash
- Box office fees and taxes are included in listed ticket prices
Make sure to bring a valid government issued photo ID to pick up tickets at will call. Also know the refund and exchange policies before purchasing tickets, as you cannot get a refund later on.
Buying Season Ticket Packages
In addition to single game and event tickets, you can purchase season ticket packages at the SAP Center box office. Here are the steps:
- Inquire at the box office about season ticket availability for San Jose Sharks NHL games or other resident events
- Select your desired season ticket package and seating section
- Provide your contact information and put down a deposit for the package
- A season ticket representative will follow up with you for the remainder of the payment
- Once paid in full, you will receive season tickets for every home game
Season tickets give you tickets to every home game for your chosen team/event and same seats for every game. There are also season ticket holder benefits like merchandise discounts.
The SAP Center offers mobile ticketing as an alternative to printed tickets. To use this option:
- When purchasing tickets, request mobile tickets
- Tickets will be sent to your smartphone via text or email
- Save the tickets to your phone’s digital wallet or take a screenshot
- Show your phone at the venue entrance for scanning to be allowed inside
Mobile ticketing allows for contactless entry to events. You don’t need to worry about losing a printed ticket. Make sure your phone is charged so you have access to show your mobile tickets.
Purchasing tickets at the SAP Center box office is a reliable way to get tickets for events you want to attend. While it takes more time and planning, you are guaranteed valid tickets and can avoid annoying online fees. Make sure to arrive early in case lines are long. Consider all box office policies and if mobile tickets are right for you. With the right preparation, buying tickets in person is a smooth process and often the best way to get seats to top events.